Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hair falling out :(

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I know it is normal for your hair to fall out after having a baby but it is still pretty freaky to me and I really hate it. Any tips on how to make it stop from falling out? Oh and when does it stop falling out?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

It has to take its course, however long that course winds up being for you. For me, about two months.

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

You can't stop it. The hair has to fall out. It can take up to 6months to stop. its different from woman to woman. It's annoying and I hate it! its such a frumpy time

angellove1119
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

It's so hard to deal with.. it's like there is hair everywhere!..When i wash my hair there is like clumps coming out and I'm still taking my prenatal pills.

gumeshoe
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Just started having to clean up my hair off the counter everyday. Too bad you can't keep all that extra hair. It looked so much better on my head than all over my sink.

angellove1119
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Did your hair grow back?
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Your hair is always falling out and being replaced by new strands- it is just that there is so much MORE post partum that you notice it more.  Your hair that falls out is still replaced by new growth.  After each baby, my hair would clog the shower drain in one go, I was pulling literal handsful out on a daily basis, and this lasted about six months before it settled down to the normal pre pregnancy loss of a few strands at a time.  I am most definitely NOT bald, despite having lost enough hair between girls to have made a wig lol.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I'll reiterate what preacherskid said. BEcause it is normal for hair to faill out all the time. It simply stops falling during pregnancy. SO now your body is getting rid of all the excess that wasn't shed for nine months. 

At the end of this period, your hair will be back to the normal amount of shedding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)