Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Ladies Think?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

DS's first birthday is fastly approaching and we plan on doing a smash cake. BUT! DH and myself were thinking of making it a booby!!! The boy loves his milk makers so much!

Good or bad idea?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Fun, but..... keep in mind that you'll be sharing those pictures with family and friends, as well as your DS when he's older.  If you're okay with that, go for it.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Hah hah, agreed! My husband's family would have been horrified and i can imagine my brother in law joking about it like it was a bachelor party. Maybe I'd do it just to ruffle their feathers! ;-)

I went to a birthday party for an LC once and it was totally noob themed. Cupcakes and cookies with Hershey Kiss nipples and the cake had chocolate cabbage leaves.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Fun, but..... keep in mind that you'll be sharing those pictures with family and friends, as well as your DS when he's older.  If you're okay with that, go for it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting K8wizzo:

Family and friends will be there, watching him eat his cake & celebrating. Also, there are pictures of both my children nursing that I will be more than willing to show them when they are older. DD is 5 and I do not wear a cover in front of her.

Kellileanne
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I agree with this.  While he loves them now will he appreciate it when he's older or be embarassed?  Maybe do a boob cupcake for him to have and not post pics that shows what it looks like.

Quoting K8wizzo:

aimhawk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Kellileanne:

I agree with this.  While he loves them now will he appreciate it when he's older or be embarassed?  Maybe do a boob cupcake for him to have and not post pics that shows what it looks like.

Quoting K8wizzo:

I am talking about his own personal smash cake, not the cake for everyone else.

Kellileanne
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Quoting aimhawk:

Quoting Kellileanne:

Quoting K8wizzo:

I am talking about his own personal smash cake, not the cake for everyone else.

I understand that part, I'm just thinking he may be embarrassed later in life by it if there are pictures showing that it is a boob.

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

If you're ok with everyone seeing it & can take the comments that I'm sure you'l get(about it being a bachelor party, etc) then go for it!

BabyFruit Ticker

aimhawk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM

if we weren't okay with everyone seeing a boob cake, we wouldn't have come up with the idea. everyone knows I breastfeed and I hope when my children grow up they aren't embarrassed about getting their nutrition from boobs and choose the same for their children.

we were just thinking about the cake being fun and silly.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd do it lol. What's the big deal? My family would find it funny. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Exactly! I thought it was a great idea and that most BFer's would find it humorous!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I'd do it lol. What's the big deal? My family would find it funny. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)