Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'Pamper Yourself' Day 1: Take a long shower or a bath

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 181 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today's challenge is to take a long shower or a bath.

When a baby comes into a our lives, long showers and baths for ourselves are usually put to the side. We opt instead to take a short shower-just long enough to get washed and rush out to spend time with our little one. 

Today, ask your DH, SO, family member (your mom, maybe) or a trusted friend to sit with the baby while you enjoy a bath or a long shower. Make it special-turn on your favorite music, light a couple of candles (if you're taking a bath) and just enjoy the water. 

What kind of music do you like? Who is your favorite musical artist? Does your little one listen to music with you? What is your preference, a long shower or a bath?

If you haven't signed up for the Pamper Yourself Challenge yet, you can do so here

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this

I actually already did this today! Hooray! I got up before Baby did, drank some coffee, brought the baby monitor in with me, and took a long hot shower. I used my calming salt scrub, shaved my legs, and just stood in the hot. It was amazing. And miraculously, Baby didn't wake up until I was drying off! 

Nothing like a long hot shower with nobody banging on the door/whining, walking in on you, walking in on you and using the bathroom AND flushing the toilet... hahaha

luna321
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My son is my alarm for time to wake up. I'm so not a morning person but really would love morning time alone, especially now that nap time for him is no longer guaranteed.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

I actually already did this today! Hooray! I got up before Baby did, drank some coffee, brought the baby monitor in with me, and took a long hot shower. I used my calming salt scrub, shaved my legs, and just stood in the hot. It was amazing. And miraculously, Baby didn't wake up until I was drying off! 

Nothing like a long hot shower with nobody banging on the door/whining, walking in on you, walking in on you and using the bathroom AND flushing the toilet... hahaha

Mrs.Brugger
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

She usually is too, but I had a hard day with her yesterday and my son, so I wanted to be SURE to get in some me time today! lol

Quoting luna321:

My son is my alarm for time to wake up. I'm so not a morning person but really would love morning time alone, especially now that nap time for him is no longer guaranteed.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Will do when baby takes his nap. Maybe I will even shave my legs today haha.
I listen to phish and Dave Matthews. But every now and then I like to put classic 80s or even 90s on! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luna321
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I like both- totally depends on my mood so we will see how I'm feeling when my hubby gets home today from work. I think I've taken 2 baths since my son was born over 2 years ago! I like lots of different music- mostly the mellower stuff like Reggie and good old fashion folk (or some newer folk too) Favorite artist will always be Bob Dylan I think, there is just so much off it and most is amazing imo
PEEK05
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I like Christian music. :)

I LOVE hot showers. I just took a long one yesterday and it felt great.

robbinbj
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM
DD is old enough now that I do this frequently, it's when THIS baby comes that I'll be searching for time. I prefer showers to baths, and I've never listened to music in the shower. But I like old school rock, Journey, Eagles, Chicago, etc... and yes DD listens with me.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I prefer a long bath, only way I will get one is cleaning the tub beforehand though SIGH.

I like music but I dont want it on while I relax...I want silence.

happymommy1105
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
My showers are the only thing I refuse to allow to be messed with!!
jessymoka
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I like jazz, some pop, and Christian music.
Currently my favorite band is the Neon Tree's, they have kind of an 80's sound that I enjoy.
Normally I wait until my hubby is home to have a nice long hot shower, not a bath person. Even with hubby home it's still hard to get time alone in the bathroom with no one beating on the door.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)