Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'Pamper Yourself' Day 3: Buy a new outfit-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's activity is to buy a new outfit.

We often buy our new little ones new clothes before we by ourselves clothes. Today is your turn to buy yourself something- a full outfit, a new shirt, a new pair of pants, or a new pair of shoes. If you aren't able to afford a new outfit right now, you can still look and pick something out that you would buy for yourself.

How often do you shop for new clothes for yourself? What was the last piece of clothing you purchased for yourself? If you were able to buy anything-clothing wise- for yourself, what would it be? Post a photo if you can.

One mom who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Shopping Tote.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Pamper Yourself' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Giveaway rules:

• The Breastfeeding Giveaway starts 1/19/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
cutestmom24
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I bought a new outfit for new yrs eve. along. with the outfit. I also. got a new pair of heels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jag5782
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I don't buy clothes that much at all but I did just but two new ones a couple of week ago.
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Clothes shopping for myself is such a chore! Because I'm pregnant though, I got some maternity clothes for Christmas. I purchased a maternity dress shirt for myself while doing Christmas shopping. I'd like a long maternity skirt or possibly two, but I want to try them on first, and can't find a local store that carries them. =( Although buying new clothes for myself won't feel like pampering, I am going to get my hair cut.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I never buy new clothes for myself. I will be buying a new pajama set for the hospital like I always do when I have my babies though. :)

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I just had to buy some maternity clothes. I don't buy clothes for me often because I don't outgrow them and I take good care of the clothes I have.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I dont shop for myself very often, I plan to buy some new clothes with my tax refund as I need some better fitting maternity clothes.  I dont have the money right now

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
At least once every other month I hit up the local goodwill. 99% of my wardrobe comes from goodwill. Our local goodwill must have some awesome people in my size always donating. Last visit I got a pair of lucky jeans, Ann Taylor slacks and several nice blouses and spent 18. I won't buy goodwill shoes though. I have bad feet and prefer to break them in myself.
kikismom55
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I barely ever buy something for myself. It's so much more fun to buy something for my little girl. But I do get a new shirt or something every now & then.
kikismom55
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Also, with my electricity bill being so high lately, I cannot even afford to do this one.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
One thing I would love for myself is 5 pair of Ann Taylor lined slacks. They are insanely comfortable but dry clean only :(. I have 2 pair from the outlet, and care for them is a headache but they are oh so comfy and look nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)