Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'Pamper Yourself' Day 3: Buy a new outfit-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's activity is to buy a new outfit.

We often buy our new little ones new clothes before we by ourselves clothes. Today is your turn to buy yourself something- a full outfit, a new shirt, a new pair of pants, or a new pair of shoes. If you aren't able to afford a new outfit right now, you can still look and pick something out that you would buy for yourself.

How often do you shop for new clothes for yourself? What was the last piece of clothing you purchased for yourself? If you were able to buy anything-clothing wise- for yourself, what would it be? Post a photo if you can.

One mom who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Shopping Tote.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Pamper Yourself' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Giveaway rules:

• The Breastfeeding Giveaway starts 1/19/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (131-138):
poeticsong725
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Once in a while I'll buy new stuff. I have a fetish of sorts for soft, strong, socks, though. Just bought three new pairs today, even if they were onlyf rom the Dollar Tree, they're still super comfy!

Emschick38
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I cant until after the baby is born, but I will need to then.

Mrs.Parker612
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

i rarey buy new clothes for myself anymore, but since i'm in between sizes until i get back down to my pre-pregnancy size i needed to buy some new clothes anyways! so i just bought a new pair of jeans, a nice shirt, and a sweater to go over it :).... if i could buy anything it would be this outfit. perfect for winter!

lolacola
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i brought some cute new jeans and a pretty white top with a gold flower on the front , hubby helped me choose!

tmma_the_witch
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I go window shopping a lot for me and never get myself anything especially since clothes is not cheap. The one thing i seriously want to go shopping for is bras. I breast fed my daughter for 23 months and none of my bras feet an more. I breasts are smaller than they were before i was pregant im barely and i was a 34B. :(

lizzieiguana
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I am still not able to buy new, but I went into the local thrift looking for a wool sweater to cut up for a project, and found a lovely wool sweater - looks brand new - 2 sizes too big - but I will felt it down to my size! Beautiful green/green, too! My favorite color! I don't think it has to be 'new' as much as 'new-to-you'.

I'm thinking along the lines of buying a car - I wouldn't buy new - just to pay extra thousands of $ to have a 'new' car. I'm really not there in buying new clothes just to be the first to wear them or 'be in-style' or at the height of fashion.

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

congratulations ...and the WINNER is.....

arimaur

You have won a CafeMom tote bag!

arimaur
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

woo! yay!! i'm gonna sport that tote bag everywhere i go!

Quoting Cafe Robin:

congratulations ...and the WINNER is.....

arimaur

You have won a CafeMom tote bag!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)