Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'Pamper Yourself' Day 3: Buy a new outfit-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's activity is to buy a new outfit.

We often buy our new little ones new clothes before we by ourselves clothes. Today is your turn to buy yourself something- a full outfit, a new shirt, a new pair of pants, or a new pair of shoes. If you aren't able to afford a new outfit right now, you can still look and pick something out that you would buy for yourself.

How often do you shop for new clothes for yourself? What was the last piece of clothing you purchased for yourself? If you were able to buy anything-clothing wise- for yourself, what would it be? Post a photo if you can.

One mom who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Shopping Tote.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Pamper Yourself' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Giveaway rules:

• The Breastfeeding Giveaway starts 1/19/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
kathislove80
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I have a $50 gift card for JC Penny's. I won't have time to go today, but I will hopefully this weekend. I'd like some new underwear, leggings, and some tops. I'm at an awkward stage in my wardrobe because my pre pregnancy clothes don't fit yet, and my maternity clothes are too big. I am also 40 pounds above where I want to be, so I don't want to spend a lot on clothes, but I would be fine with spending around $50 to get some staples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emily0004
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I don't often buy myself new clothes, and it isn't much of a priority for me. But Dh loves to take me shopping and buy loves me things.

The newest clothes I bought for myself were actually nursing bras and nursing tanks. I'm quite glad to have them now with my hungry little newborn!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I've recently gotten some new nursing bras and running shoes. We are in the process of moving, so I'm going to save this one for when we get settled in. I have so much clothes now, i'd really like to just focus on decor for the new house :] I've joined a local swap & sale site on facebook so if I have to pay more than $5 for jeans or $1 for a shirt I don't get it haha
happymommy2b90
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Im actually going to the mall today. My birthday is monday so i was planning on getting an outfit today anyways:-). Also my husband is getting me an ipad woot woot! I dont shop too often for myself since i havent lost all the baby weight. Last time i bought something was for christmas. If i can buy anything for myself it would be some new black boots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Not gonna be able to buy anything new until Friday.
I'll go shopping in my closet, though. Lol :)
Friday I'm getting pants, skirts, tops, bras and shoes. :)
happymommy1105
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I almost never buy myself New clothes. I had to when I got pregnant. Now with me losing weight, Im trying to hold off til I am done.

I want so many things
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
How often do you shop for new clothes for yourself? I shop for clothes once a year.

What was the last piece of clothing you purchased for yourself? Nursing bras about 8 months ago.

If you were able to buy anything-clothing wise-for yourself, what would it be? Jeans. I lost 70 pound(thank you lactation lol.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Ooh..i hope I can today. I rarely buy stuff for myself and I akways stick to plain on sale jeans and tshirts. Really need to branch out..lol
Avetay
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I never buy myself clothes. Last thing I bought for myself was a dres for a wedding.
I wish I could go on a shopping spree i need a new style. Jeans and tshirts all day everyday is old but I don't know what I would look good in anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Cant buy myself new clothes at the mment, but i did get some really cute clothes from a friend that u can use as maternity clothes. Does thay count?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)