Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'Pamper Yourself' Day 4: Enjoy a hobby

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 129 Replies

Today's challenge is to enjoy a hobby.

Once our little ones are born, we often find ourselves without the time to enjoy the things we once did. Which isn't all bad, however sometimes we need to do something just for ourselves and hobbies are a good way to do that.

Some common hobbies are-

Reading
Crafts-sewing, crocheting, scrapbooking
Exercising
Sports
Writing

What hobbies do you enjoy doing? How often do you find yourself with time to do them? If you don't have a hobby, have you thought about having one? What would you like to do?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the 'Pamper Yourself' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I love reading. Theres nothing more relaxing then curling up in a chair and disappear in a good book.
Rarely do I actually have time to do this. And when I do have time i'd rather catch up on sleep or housework
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
number1mahmee
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Today I plan on soaking up two hobbies! I will be watching the 49ers game after church today as well as cuddling in bed at nap time and reading the last book in a 4book series I was working on while pregnant :)
celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I love reading!!!!!  Any time I can read a page or two, I do.

NHGal
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This will fit in perfectly with my goal of getting a hot bath and doinf some reading today!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I love scrapbooking. I haven't done it in years though. It's hard to find the time with three kids and never ending household cleaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eatyourveges
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I try to knit over nap time, and at least once a week over lunch at work, it helps my stress level soooooo much
RHayden25
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I don't have a hobby right now. I do work out a few times a week at a gym, but would love to find time to read or play piano or get a new hobby.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I like crafting and photography. I craft at nigh after my kids go to bed. My kids make for great pictures. I take pictures during the day and edit them at night
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I like crafting and photography. I crochet and se and edit pictures at night after my kids go to bed
MayFlowerMomma
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My main hobby is reading. I love to read and try to fit it in. Now that she's older I can get more in. Usually I wait until after she goes to bed to read a little but if its the weekend I will have her play on the floor with DH and read

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN