Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which is better? Food or BM

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
Just realized last night that our frozen BM is depleted and DD only has 7.5 oz of BM today for 12 hs. She usually has 9-11 oz per day while I'm at work. DD is almost 11 months old. She eats solids no problem. She had formula one time since birth and that was to test to see if she likes it.

My question is...should DH give her extra solids today or supplement with formula or neither? It's probably too late today, and DH must have figured it out but wondering in case this happens again in the future what is recommended. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SchmidtyBaby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Oops the title should say what is better food or formula !!!!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
At her age, sending what you have for milk and giving solids and water is plenty. She'll make up for it when you're home. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM
As long as I could make up for the breastmilk later, I'd prefer solids be offered. If I was out of town or for some reason unable to breastfeed the baby, then formula while still under a year old.
Mantidae
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I agree with the above - the BM you have plus healthy food and water should be just fine until you get home.

maggiemom2000
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

At her age, sending what you have for milk and giving solids and water is plenty. She'll make up for it when you're home. :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I would give solids today and reverse cycle.

You need to make sure you do not use frozen milk and not replace it, its very important because every ounce you use from the freezer but not replace from pumping that same day lowers supply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)