Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg! my shirt has a wet spot!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

lol i know funny thing to be happy about but usually i only let down on the other side during the night and early morning but never late afternoon, so progress! my supply is still low so im still supplementing with the sns. but.. its increasing!

just have to have some patience... 

oh and i got a manual pump for the mean time.. totally forgot to call medela today but i emailed them...

and also OUCH the manual pump has a super strong suction... 

oh and you know how we both had colds? woke up today and rhythm hasnt sneezed or coughed at all. yay for breastmilk!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luna321
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

:)

Is the manual a medela? That's what I used and never squeezed it all the way down or I would have killed my nips- I only squeezed it a tinny bit and got tons of milk. Hope you get your pump working again soon!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yay for progress! My manual pump has settings, does yours? You can start off with a low suction and increase as you continue pumping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

idk it didnt look like it did? im not getting much milk but ive never gotten much with the pump.

Quoting Precious333:

Yay for progress! My manual pump has settings, does yours? You can start off with a low suction and increase as you continue pumping.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM

yes its a medela.

Quoting luna321:

:)

Is the manual a medela? That's what I used and never squeezed it all the way down or I would have killed my nips- I only squeezed it a tinny bit and got tons of milk. Hope you get your pump working again soon!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Hmmmm well maybe not all do.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

idk it didnt look like it did? im not getting much milk but ive never gotten much with the pump.

Quoting Precious333:

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

its a medela

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I think mne is too....

Quoting LucyHourglass:

its a medela

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting Precious333:

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

oh maybe it is adjustable... lol i gotta read the manual for it.

Quoting Precious333:

I think mne is too....

Quoting LucyHourglass:

its a medela

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM

This is where yoi adjust the suction on mine. Does yours have something similar?
polkaspots
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I have a medela manual too. It's yellow and doesn't have any settings, just a little lever. It works for me best when I pay attention because when I use it I squirt like a firehose and each squeeze lasts a minute. I go slow and wait until I stop hearing the stream. It is quicker than my electric even though I can only do one side at a time. It's also a lot quieter so I can pump during naps. This morning. I pumped twice and got 8 ounces. Everybody is different, and your body changes. I used to pump better with my electric and now it hardly gets touched. Congrats on your supply increase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)