Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changed in BM?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hey yall, is it normal my EBF 1 month old has not had a good bowel movement all day today?He usually has one with every diaper change and I was told BF babies go alot more. Should I be concerned? He doesnt seem to be in any pain, just gassy and been cluster feeding today. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Trishi1207
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Changes* the title should say
swmmra
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

BF babies actually will have a tendency to poop less because the BM is exactly what they need. If he isn't showing pain, or is gassy then I wouldn't worry about it. 

preacherskid
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Totally normal :). Heads up- gassy means be prepared for a blowout!

Trishi1207
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Hehe...hope he saves it for daddy when he gets off work. ;) Thanks ladies. I feel better. When should I expect it to change from the yellowy-seedy stuff to a different look or consistency?

Quoting preacherskid:

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was worried too and took my so to a night clinic! But they said it was normal and I was relieved. When your son starts on solids that's when you need to keep track of his bowel movements, breastfed babies are more prone to constipation.
Paradys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally normal, as their bodies get more efficient at processing the milk there's less waste (fancy talk for they poop less).
As long tummy is soft and lo is not fussing then it's all good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quoting Trishi1207:

Hehe...hope he saves it for daddy when he gets off work. ;) Thanks ladies. I feel better. When should I expect it to change from the yellowy-seedy stuff to a different look or consistency?

Quoting preacherskid:

When he starts eating solids or anything other than bm his bowel movements will change to a more pasty, then solid cosistency as he takes in more solids.

CafeMom Tickers
christineT79
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

They can slow down to one bm every 7 to 10 days when they are alittle older. There isnt much waste associated with breastmilk so their bodies take it all in. It just takes a few months for their digestion to start working properly. My baby is 4 months old & poops every other day & they are explosive. Her bm's are yellow & creamy instead of seady or curdy. They don't smell now too. They actually smell nice to me. My hubby makes fun of me all the time because I always say her poops smell good. Sometimes she will have a poopy diaper & I don't even know it becuase it dosnt smell. I don't even use my diaper genie. I have a regular trash can in her room full of poopy diapers & you would never even know it. Awesome, right?

lillismom2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

my dd is ebf and is 9 1/2 months old and still has yellow seedy poops lol we don't really give her any solids. So basicly i think it changes when you introduce solids into their diet. =)

Quoting Trishi1207:

Quoting preacherskid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)