Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Sicky (pic)

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

My poor little Emma has pneumonia. She's on day 5 of antibiotics but still working on getting that nasty mucus out. We're been resigned to the recliner to nurse so she can sit upright on me. The phlegm in this baby is unbelievable.

She is still nursing well though. She has gained 13oz in the past 11 days. That's A LOT for her, so I am very pleased and proud. Finally she's beginning to gain well.

A little more good news; I got my new pump today! I was pleasantly surprised that although my insurance is supposed to provide the PIS they have me a Hygeia instead. My LC wrote in "urgent" on my order and it was all they had available. I really wanted the Hygeia anyway. So yay for that!

And finally babygirl is asleep, so time to go try to get some myself. Thanks for reading my pointless ramble. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
devoesgirl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Poor baby. That must be so hard. Hope she feels better soon
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I hope she gets better quickly....poor baby :(
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Awwwww, poor thing :(  Here's my poor sickie, she has RSV.  Hopefully they both get better soon!!!

MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Aww poor sweet baby! My 15 month old son just had viral bronchiolitis and a double ear infection last week. This week my 4 year old daughter has the flu and viral pnuemonia :( its the worst! Day 6 and still a fever. All the nasty germs are really brutal this year!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o0laurie.love0o
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Poor sweetie! My DD had the same sleeper in newborn size. The little ladybug feet are too cute. Hope she feels better soon too!

Quoting PoodleMum:

Awwwww, poor thing :(  Here's my poor sickie, she has RSV.  Hopefully they both get better soon!!!

o0laurie.love0o
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Oh no! My 3 year old is getting over double ear infections and my 5 year old just started coughing in her sleep tonight. This cold/flu season has been so awful!

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Aww poor sweet baby! My 15 month old son just had viral bronchiolitis and a double ear infection last week. This week my 4 year old daughter has the flu and viral pnuemonia :( its the worst! Day 6 and still a fever. All the nasty germs are really brutal this year!!
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Poor baby.. hope she feels better soon! And YAY for the pump! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

justone_jen
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Poor babies, and poor mamas! :( Hope everyone's little ones get to feeling better soon!
thisisamazing
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I hope she feels better soon and that you are both able to get some rest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)