Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone elses LO do this?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

my son always reaches into my shirt while nursing to tweak the other nipple, its super annoying! I try to use a nursing necklace and it worked for awhile but now hes not interested in it, (maybe i should find a more interesting necklace? idk!) i usually end up holidng his hand so he wont but he gets mad at me and tries to do it again

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbyann
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM
All the time! I hand my son a colorful wash cloth to fiddle with. I had a necklace too but he broke it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Haha mine only does it when I don't wear a bra and i nurse him. Otherwise he tends to just run my boob ;) it's so sweet and I love it. The only time it not sweet is like u say when they pick at the other nipple lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParanormalSarah
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Mine does this ALL the time. He claws, pinches, giggles and yanks at my other nipple until I hold his hand. He has also gotten into this thing when nursing in public where he cups his hand over my nipple he's nursing from and arches his back to 'see the world' and then as I'm flustering in awkwardness, he comes back to nurse. AHH!

7 months

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Most babies do this.  You can also grab his hand and hold it firmly, or end the feeding. See the kellymom article on nursing manners.

kitty8199
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yes it's annoying. If I grab her hand she pitches a fit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luna321
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM

My son (25 month old) likes to lift the other breast out of my shirt and hold it- I don't mind as long as he's not pinching me-that ends our nursing season so he stopped doing it-for the most part- every so often he forgets though.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Both if my boys tried to do this. I didn't allow it. I held hands, gave them something to occupy their hands, and kept the other side covered with no access.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:46 AM

My dd did. I would take her offending hand and play with it. She would get distracted and start playing with my fingers instead of my nipple. 

cabsmom10
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM
My son is almost 13 months old, and just realized that I had 2 boobs (i only nurse on one side) and had started grabbing at the other boob while nursing. I try to keep my other arm over it, so he doesn't play with it, but he will push my hand away. It's super annoying! LOL I just keep moving his hand and he finally gets the hint. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:28 AM

ALL the time, I hold my guys hand down flat so he has his hand on the nipple but not tweeking that way I can handle it and he still gets what he wants

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)