Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bad clog. Help please!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:32 AM
  • 13 Replies
I have a horrible clog in my left breast! It's been here since yesterday and I haven't been able to dislodge it yet. I've tried heat, different positions. Massaging, even pumping. DS nurses through letdown and then after about a minute milk stops coming out so I can't get him to keep nursing. And when I pump nothing even comes out. This is the most stubborn clog I have ever had. Nothing seems to be working and I am beyond pain right now. Any suggestions??? Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missyice
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:37 AM
I wish i could help! I have the same problem! Mines been around since thursday, even asked the dr about it..... drs responce was that some clogs can take 1-2 weeks to clear! Ugh!
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I don't mean this in a perverted way, but do you have a husband or other to try sucking on your nipple? I had my husband help me out a few times and it was a relief.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Dangle nurse could help. This way gravity is helping pull it down.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:53 AM
I always get in the shower and let very warm water run over my breast for 5 minutes or so and then immediately dangle nurse... but i dangle pump because i have OAL and would drown my baby!
Yuriko_chan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:07 AM
When I got clogs, my husband AMD I woyld take a shower together. He would massage for me since I couldn't inflict that pain on myself. Then I would bend over ti where my boobs were dangling and he would suck super hard. It hurt like crap but that usually did the trick. Then I jist slept with the babe that night and nursed all night long just on that aide.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Do you see a milk blister anywhere?
HeatherNicole79
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Thanks all! Dangle nursing doesn't seem to be helping but I am getting ready to try again. I don't see a milk blister anywhere. Yet. Hope that stays away! I really hope this doesn't hang around for 1-2 weeks!!
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I just read a tip online last night that suggested using an electric toothbrush (NOT the bristled head but the back of it or handle) to massage the clog out.
MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM
This is going to sound weird but when i get a clogged duct, I get in the shower for a good 15-20 minutes and let the hot water beat straight on my breast. Then I fill a bowl with warm/hot water and mix it with Epsom salt. Dangle over the bowl and place your breast in the Epsom salt water. Then you use a brush or comb and brush from the back of the clog all the way forward to the nipple. You have to be a little rough with the brush if it's a horrible clog. Just use steady pressure. But I promise you, it will give you some relief. Afterwards, rinse off your breast thoroughly so your baby won't refuse breast due to the saltiness. Then nurse immediately. Hope that helps!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Massage, hand express, massage, hand express - the only thing that works for me when I have a clog (I've gotten tons!). You can youtube the proper way to hand express (not doing it correctly can cause pain and tissue damage). Good luck mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)