Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Total elimination diet

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

anyone done this and if so, what CAN you eat? The eliminated items are most thing i eat!! My baby has mild colic. He will scream for an hour solid once or twice a day.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I started w eliminating dairy and my son went from crying 4-6 hours/night to calm and happy within a week. Start w dairy bc it's the most common sensitivity w babies.
Kimberly954
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

i pretty much do this anyways because i am lactose intollerant. its not often when i have dairy.

Quoting bloomsr:

I started w eliminating dairy and my son went from crying 4-6 hours/night to calm and happy within a week. Start w dairy bc it's the most common sensitivity w babies.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

by the way....whats a good milk replacement for cooking? i dont want to use soy.

Quoting bloomsr:

JenB1983
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I'm thinking I might have to do this.  :-/  DD(1 month tomorrow) has recently changed...drastically.  She went from a happy baby to a miserable screaming banshee. 

Duquesne
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Almond or coconut milk

Quoting Kimberly954:

by the way....whats a good milk replacement for cooking? i dont want to use soy.

Quoting bloomsr:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Quoting Kimberly954:

Unflavored almond milk. I also sub applesauce for all butter or oil in my baking and have had great results. I've been dairy free for about 10 months (ds will be 1 on the 28th). The dairy elimination saved my sanity!!
eema.gray
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Coconut milk out of a can or frozen.  The stuff in cartons has a lot of crap, including sugar added.  But coconut milk has a similar fat and protein structure to cow milk so your recipes will behave the same way.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting bloomsr:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
mamalusbear
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

had to eliminate dairy, gluten.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

thank you!! is the applesauce replacement 1 for 1 with butter?

Quoting bloomsr:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Unflavored almond milk. I also sub applesauce for all butter or oil in my baking and have had great results. I've been dairy free for about 10 months (ds will be 1 on the 28th). The dairy elimination saved my sanity!!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Coconut oil ia great!

Quoting Kimberly954:

thank you!! is the applesauce replacement 1 for 1 with butter?

Quoting bloomsr:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)