Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Best single electric pump......

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello all! I am needing to buy a new single electric pump. I had one, but I lost a piece to it. It was not a really good pump anyways (Evenflo simply go), so I am looking to purchase a new one. Fin will not take a bottle, but we have been thinking about making some of our own purees when Fin is ready to start solids (he is not yet 6 months, though we may even wait longer than that). I want to use breast milk in them, and I don't want to have to hand express. Also I wouldn't mind donating some of my milk. I just need a decent pump to do that.

So, what is your favorite single electric pump?  

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Dunno about single electric but I like my advent manual. It's been working better for me than my double electric lately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I had a friend recommend that one as well. Does it take a lot of extra time compared to an electric pump? Thanks! :) 

Quoting shortyali:

Dunno about single electric but I like my advent manual. It's been working better for me than my double electric lately.

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Nope. For me it's just about as fast as my double. My DS2 is 8 weeks so I'm still I that beginning oversupply type stage but I could pump 4-5ozs from both breasts in about 15 minutes and in that same 15 minutes get maybe 2-3 from my electric.

Quoting mylovey:

I had a friend recommend that one as well. Does it take a lot of extra time compared to an electric pump? Thanks! :) 

Quoting shortyali:

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I have an evenflo manual pump and it was decent with my last one. I now have a pump in style to use with the current womb creature.
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I have an avent manual pump, but prefer the Lansinoh manual.  A manual is really all you need... I prefer them, actually.   Gives me more control.

That said... you don't need extra milk to make baby food.   Even if you're going to spoon feed baby, just mashing soft foods works just fine.   Heck, my 6 mo old can chew up chicken!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
This!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I have an avent manual pump, but prefer the Lansinoh manual.  A manual is really all you need... I prefer them, actually.   Gives me more control.

That said... you don't need extra milk to make baby food.   Even if you're going to spoon feed baby, just mashing soft foods works just fine.   Heck, my 6 mo old can chew up chicken!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luna321
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

My medela manual worked great for me! I could get 10oz total on my fifteen minute work brake will eating my meal with the other hand!  My electric medela broke early on and the evenflo simply go KILLED my nips. I almost quite pumping but thought I'd try a manual first and it worked better for me then the other two did- by far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)