Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

im scared to fly with my Lo

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am scares to fly period and with my Lo it brings even more terrifying feelings. I know it would be a lot better taking a train. Has anyone flown with there Lo and I may have to connect flights unless I get picked up in Vegas my family in L.a which I would rather do than taking 2 planes. Just venting and need some advice and opinion.
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I flew in september with my then 6mo. I had some anxiety but it wasnt bad. The flight was easy and bf helped her sleep or nurse for most of the flight.
If your having alot of anxiety your dr can prescribe you an anti anxiety medication
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ljpaszek
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I flew with my 2 month old (now 5) from TX to MD and then back, both flights had layovers which was better, time to get off the plane do a diaper change and get anything I needed etc. for your carry on just ensure you have everything you need or think you'll need. Also go to the bathroom before the plane if your flying by yourself. It's much easier to use a Public restroom with your baby than that tiny tiny one on the plane.

luna321
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I feel for you- I hate to fly too! but did it when my son was 6 month for a funeral- Denver to LA and am doing it again in a few days (he's 2) to visit family in MA so it will be Denver to Boston (4 hr) leaving at 11:40 at night! I'm scared of flying but having my son made me have to at least try to remain calm-which helped. He was very good last time nursed to sleep at take off and woke up as we were landing- I think that awful feeling you get when the plan takes off actually made him fall asleep- hoping it goes as good this time around!

kiki2382
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I first flew with my oldest when he wad just 7 weeks old. Few more times since then. Never had any issues. Just made sure to nurse during takeoff and landing. When there was room on the plane, they let me bring the carseat and put him in the seat next to me.
collinsmommy0
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I flew with DS when he was 7 months old across the country - Cali to NY. DH & I had to take turns going up & down the aisles, he didn't sleep, it was terrible - however, he was a high needs infant.

We flew again with him at 19 months & it was super easy. He played with toys, played with the iPad, was super excited to be on a plane. Same trip - Cali to NY, during the holidays.

The more PIB stuff is the 'stuff' really - the carseat, the diapers, small toys for entertainment, extra clothes just in case, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN