Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is this to much Milk

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 28 Replies

i have 216oz in my deep freezer the only reason i do is bc my son has allergies really bad ones to foods and my dr wants me to bf until he is 3 years old in hopes that it will lessen if not get rid of his alleriges. is that to much or not enough just in case he weans how much should i have in my deep freezer?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
if you continue to offer it would be unexpected for him to wean before 2 and bm is only good in a freezer for 6-12mo so I'm not sure how much help it would be
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Milk in the deep freeze is still only good for a year. Kellymom.com has excellent articles on pumping and storage, and probably something on how breastfeeding affects allergies.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM
This.

Quoting melindabelcher:

if you continue to offer it would be unexpected for him to wean before 2 and bm is only good in a freezer for 6-12mo so I'm not sure how much help it would be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Depends on how long your away from him, I have about 300oz in the freezer and don't need it...
piwife
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You can donate it.. a lot of moms would appreciate it

Quoting victoriangavin:

Depends on how long your away from him, I have about 300oz in the freezer and don't need it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I'm just waiting on the paperwork to come in the mail and have to get my blood drawn.. Already started everything to donate it and will keep donating

Quoting piwife:

Quoting victoriangavin:

shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Are you donating to a milk bank? Did you look into going directly to a mom? I once looking into a milk bank but I do think its right the process the crap out of the milk then charge between $3-$5 an oz to parents that need it.

Quoting victoriangavin:

I'm just waiting on the paperwork to come in the mail and have to get my blood drawn.. Already started everything to donate it and will keep donating

Quoting piwife:

Quoting victoriangavin:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Remember in the deep freeze it only lasts 12 months from when you pump it!

If you continue to offer the breast MOST kids will nurse til 3

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM

you can donate on eats on feets and human milk 4 human babies and not need all that paperwork or blood draw

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting piwife:

Quoting victoriangavin:

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I didn't know they charge, it's going to the mothers milk bank in Austin Texas

Quoting shortyali:

Are you donating to a milk bank? Did you look into going directly to a mom? I once looking into a milk bank but I do think its right the process the crap out of the milk then charge between $3-$5 an oz to parents that need it.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting piwife:

Quoting victoriangavin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN