Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help, advice, tips...?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
Gabby has just started this problem in the past 2 weeks. If I work several days in a row we have nursing issues after. I think she gets used to the bottle, and when I try to nurse her after I get home she screams for 20mins. Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
How is day care giving bottles? Are you going with the 3-4 oz every 3-4 hour rule? Are they feeding her within 2 hours of you picking her up?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
How often how big and what flow nipples with the bottles? Are they burping every oz? Any bottles at home? Any solids? If so are they before or after nursing?
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
SO is home with her during the week. He gives about 4oz every 4 hours or so. At times he does, but before she used to want to nurse as soon as I got home even if she just ate.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

How is day care giving bottles? Are you going with the 3-4 oz every 3-4 hour rule? Are they feeding her within 2 hours of you picking her up?
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
No solids yet. It's the small bottles with slow flow nipples. I will have to check with him about the Burping.

Quoting melindabelcher:

How often how big and what flow nipples with the bottles? Are they burping every oz? Any bottles at home? Any solids? If so are they before or after nursing?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
How old? when baby is having a hard time nursing do you offer a bottle or sippy cup instead?
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
She will be 4 months on the 26th, and no I don't offer them. I just try to calm her and try again. We get through it and she nurses, it just is an awful feeling to hear her scream for 20min.

Quoting melindabelcher:

How old? when baby is having a hard time nursing do you offer a bottle or sippy cup instead?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Any signs of teething? That would be my suspicion! :)

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

She will be 4 months on the 26th, and no I don't offer them. I just try to calm her and try again. We get through it and she nurses, it just is an awful feeling to hear her scream for 20min.

Quoting melindabelcher:

A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I didn't feel anything, but we have an appt soon. I will have Dr check her. Thank you!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Any signs of teething? That would be my suspicion! :)

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Quoting melindabelcher:

annaica
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM

:( 

check out this link.. maybe it will help some.  HUGS

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/fussy-while-nursing/

A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much.

Quoting annaica:

:( 

check out this link.. maybe it will help some.  HUGS

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/fussy-while-nursing/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)