Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what birth control do you as a breast feeding mom use?

Posted by   + Show Post

I go for my 6. weeks check up tomorrow and have to decide on a BC? my ob/gyn is a guy not sure he will make a good recommendation that won't affect my milk supply so I figured I would ask around. before baby I used NuvAring and liked that. thanks

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
Duquesne
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM
When I need to, we use condoms. Not everyone's favorite but I hate how hormonal BC makes me feel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corkysunshine
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I personally don't like bc so I dont take it I still don't have a period but bc messes me up so just protection for us
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I'm going in feb for mine. My dr won't put in an IUD until your at least 12 wks pp. they like to make 100% sure your uterus is back to normal size cause if not it can move and cause problems.

Quoting ljpaszek:

I got my 2nd para guard today! It was my 6 week post partum check up! I had it for 4 years and loved it, plus there isn't the hormones like Mirena and other birth controls (which I can't have because I have an allergic reaction)! I got it after I had my first daughter, got it removed and 3 months later I was pregnant with my baby girl! I would recomend it to anyone who isn't looking for birth control as a way to have less periods or lighter periods and things like that. If you want a BC that just has the side effects of not having more babies for a while its awesome!
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I take the mini pill. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take it.
eleechick
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I would not get mirena if I were u. I had it for a year and had the worst time with it. I was always bleeding, had horrible pain all the time and had really bad smelly discharge. I got it taken out after a year. Now every one is different but I have herd of lost of wonem having these same problems.
That is my input.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I'm getting mirena. My friend has used mirena after baby #1 and nuvaring after baby #2

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

harream
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I used the mini pill after all 3 and liked it :-)

outstandingLove
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM

i plan on getting the paraguard.

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I used ecological breastfeeding, and then natural family planning. I wouldn't use any form of hormonal birth control.

RochelleFS
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM
This is what we do.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

I used ecological breastfeeding, and then natural family planning. I wouldn't use any form of hormonal birth control.

slransde
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
None
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)