Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what birth control do you as a breast feeding mom use?

Posted by   + Show Post

I go for my 6. weeks check up tomorrow and have to decide on a BC? my ob/gyn is a guy not sure he will make a good recommendation that won't affect my milk supply so I figured I would ask around. before baby I used NuvAring and liked that. thanks

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (21-22):
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Thank you for the input. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I'll try it but at least now I know potential problems

Quoting eleechick:

I would not get mirena if I were u. I had it for a year and had the worst time with it. I was always bleeding, had horrible pain all the time and had really bad smelly discharge. I got it taken out after a year. Now every one is different but I have herd of lost of wonem having these same problems.

That is my input.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I'm getting mirena. My friend has used mirena after baby #1 and nuvaring after baby #2

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the Paraguad with my daughter 4yr ago.  I had it in 3.5yrs, NO issues.  I got pregnant the very day I had it removed.  I now have my 2nd one.  I like it b/c its non-hormonal and my body has regular cycles (likes its meant to).  No pill to remember.  Just have to make sure they trim the strings properly b/c if they don't your partner can feel them and you will have to go back for a retrim.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN