Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Options:

Yes, I have.

No, I haven't.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

Have you ever posted a picture of your child breastfeeding on Facebook?  What kind of reactions have you gotten from your "friends?"

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
AngryBob
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I don't post any pictures of my kids on fb. I wouldn't feel comfortable posting pictures of my breasts, anyway, with the variety of friends I have (including younger people). But I talk about it with all of my friends, and on my statuses as though it were the most normal thing in the world. I did post a few pictures of my recent water birth for about a week, then deleted them. I like spreading awareness of natural and "crunchy" ideas, but I don't like my kids being on the internet, and I don't like shoving it in people's faces.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM

yeah, the very first one I posted ever the first comment I got was, "Not everyone wants to see."  I don't know why people even bother sometimes.

Quoting o0laurie.love0o:

I have, and usually everyone is fine with it except one or two ignorant acquaintances.

annaica
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Right... I try to only have friends on Facebook that I would feel comfortable with in person.  If I wouldn't be comfortable being me with them then forget them lol

Quoting preacherskid:

Yes, friends only of course.  If any of my friends disagree with what I have posted, they keep it to themselves.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
It made me feel good :)

Quoting annaica:

that's awesome!  I am glad everyone was so supportive :D

Quoting Nicolle_09:

The few times i was able to get my youngest to latch yes i posted the photos. I had actually made a post saying how i wanted too but was worried about being reported but a bunch of my friends started commenting saying i should so i did. Never had a negative thing said but everyone knew i struggled with it and was eping.

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I would like to but I'm afraid to.
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I haven't had any issues
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I regret not taking a pic of the first time we nursed! Make sure you do :)

Quoting annaica:

awwww!  If I can, I plan to post them on Facebook while I'm still in the hospital :)  I haven't had those first moments photographed but I really want to!

Quoting outstandingLove:

i havent but my nursling is only 3 weeks.

annaica
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

oh no :(  breastfeeding is beautiful!  If people don't see that then they need their vision checked LOL :P 

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I would like to but I'm afraid to.

annaica
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Yeah!  I took my own pics when pregnant and this time I am going to get someone else to take maternity pics and someone there to take pics during and after birth!  Just have to find someone cheap yet awesome lol if that's possible :P

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I regret not taking a pic of the first time we nursed! Make sure you do :)

Quoting annaica:

awwww!  If I can, I plan to post them on Facebook while I'm still in the hospital :)  I haven't had those first moments photographed but I really want to!

Quoting outstandingLove:

i havent but my nursling is only 3 weeks.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

No.  My FB is mostly to keep in touch with scattered family, and I know a lot of them are more conservative.  Since I keep the page for their benefit, I won't post something the majority of them might feel awkward about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN