Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Options:

Yes, I have.

No, I haven't.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

Have you ever posted a picture of your child breastfeeding on Facebook?  What kind of reactions have you gotten from your "friends?"

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
arigdon4
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM

facebook, no

here,yes

reactions have been fine (but i've only posted in this group)

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I agree completely. I posted a couple on here before but for some reason I get too nervous to post on FB.

Quoting annaica:

oh no :(  breastfeeding is beautiful!  If people don't see that then they need their vision checked LOL :P 

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I would like to but I'm afraid to.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Oh my gosh :(
I am sorry she is like that! You are doin an awesome thing mama!!! Hugs

Quoting turttlemom:

I know, even though she still is my best friend and loves my baby, she is everything but supportive, she is always asking me when  will I switch to formula and keep saying if she ever have a baby she won't bf because she wants to have good sex at least :(

Quoting annaica:

Awww I think that was sweet of him! Weird she thinks it is disrespectful :(

Quoting turttlemom:

I havenĀ“t but my SO did post a picture of my nursing our son right before we left the hospital, I was already dressed up and my shirt cover almost all my breast. The reaction, my very best friend and roommate from collage gave me a speech of how disrespectful my SO was.She was the only one that made acomment

annaica
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Well you won't have any negative remarks here in this group! Everyone is so supportive <3 gotta love Breastfeeding Moms!

Quoting arigdon4:

facebook, no

here,yes

reactions have been fine (but i've only posted in this group)

annaica
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I am thinking of announcing my pregnancy with a pic of my daughter nursing on her third birthday with a caption "tandem nursing rocks" on Facebook lol, I wonder if people will get that lol!
Do your friends on Facebook know you are still Breastfeeding? Are they supportive?

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

I haven't ironically. My nursling will be two in March and I have yet to do so. Now I have posted and shared a number of other BF photos and related articles. I have plenty of photos of me BF though.
XxPixiesworldxX
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I did when my son was a baby, once he was around 2 though I stopped, not sure why because Ido still take pics of him nursing (i love to get that same view you look down at while nursing, captured i a photograph).

BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a good idea. I'm due with our second in May. I look forward to tandem nursing. The majority of my FB friends I don't think realize he is still BF. Although, much of the things I've posted in regards to BF are about nursing toddlers and even about DS nursing. I have gotten a lot of questions from family in regards to weaning but not much negativity at least not to my face. My mom homebirthed and breastfed all 4 of her kiddos so it isn't too unusual to my family but it took MIL some adjusting.

My DH is the one I think that keeps me from posting them. He doesn't even like that I have them. He's a weird one. He's big on modesty. He doesn't like that I NIP without a cover but he's learned to deal with it because I wouldn't tolerate his attitude towards NIP. Though he has tried to cover us up before. He wasn't ok with extended BF when our son was a newborn but nowadays he is very much supportive even now that I'm 22 weeks pregnant. I mentioned that I could just imagine BF our kids when they are one and three. He was in disbelief I would nurse DS that long. I imagine when we're actually there he'll change his opinion again.

Quoting annaica:

I am thinking of announcing my pregnancy with a pic of my daughter nursing on her third birthday with a caption "tandem nursing rocks" on Facebook lol, I wonder if people will get that lol!

Do your friends on Facebook know you are still Breastfeeding? Are they supportive?

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

I haven't ironically. My nursling will be two in March and I have yet to do so. Now I have posted and shared a number of other BF photos and related articles. I have plenty of photos of me BF though.

SalemWitchChild
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Yes though not on my own wall. I'm in a breastfeeding FB group called Mummies Nummies. It's a closed group so no one but group members can see it.

Here is the public MN page. Lots of good info there and if you want to be in the private group you can ask on the page.

legobaby
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I never have. I have taken breastfeeding pictures but just don't see the need to post it. I absolutely support any mom who does though. I guess it might help normalize breastfeeding if we all did it, but I just don't make it a point to use Facebook for the purpose of making social or political statements. Also, I don't like people to see my areolas, and in any BF pic showing baby's face, you can usually see mine. :)
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I havent really. I have quite a few I could post too but I havent. dont really know why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)