Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?

Options:

Yes, I have.

No, I haven't.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

Have you ever posted a picture of your child breastfeeding on Facebook?  What kind of reactions have you gotten from your "friends?"

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I agree, breast feeding doesn't have to be so obvious to be normalized. Almost all women in my group of friends nurse but we don't see a need in making it public. Just sitting at the park nursing covered is enough of a statement. I too feel it is modest to cover.

Quoting schatzi869:

I didn't. I think it is a private bonding moment. I was raised to be modest and respect those around me by using a blanket to cover myself up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
This!

Quoting Precious333:

I posted maybe a few very discrete pics. Dh is vert private and its just not worth the battle.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I voted No... I dont post pics...

BUT there is a pic on there actually of me BF him a few hrs after birth... Looking at it, everyone may not notice im nursing.. Its just a pic of dd looking over my shoulder at her brother..DH posted it.. Not our greatest photo LOL..

feliciasmith
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have 1 on my facebook of when she was first born my mom snapped a picture of her first latch from accross the room so it's not really graphic. Just really sweet moment between just me and my newborn =]

feliciasmith
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting feliciasmith:

I have 1 on my facebook of when she was first born my mom snapped a picture of her first latch from accross the room so it's not really graphic. Just really sweet moment between just me and my newborn =]

This is it (my hurr is crazy lol)

annaica
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I think many people don't believe that breastfeeding is as wonderful as it is until they've experienced it themselves, as a mature adult, especially.  My husband never knew a thing about breastfeeding... he was kinda weird about it too but he's become my biggest advocate because he sees everything it's done for us :D

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

That's a good idea. I'm due with our second in May. I look forward to tandem nursing. The majority of my FB friends I don't think realize he is still BF. Although, much of the things I've posted in regards to BF are about nursing toddlers and even about DS nursing. I have gotten a lot of questions from family in regards to weaning but not much negativity at least not to my face. My mom homebirthed and breastfed all 4 of her kiddos so it isn't too unusual to my family but it took MIL some adjusting.

My DH is the one I think that keeps me from posting them. He doesn't even like that I have them. He's a weird one. He's big on modesty. He doesn't like that I NIP without a cover but he's learned to deal with it because I wouldn't tolerate his attitude towards NIP. Though he has tried to cover us up before. He wasn't ok with extended BF when our son was a newborn but nowadays he is very much supportive even now that I'm 22 weeks pregnant. I mentioned that I could just imagine BF our kids when they are one and three. He was in disbelief I would nurse DS that long. I imagine when we're actually there he'll change his opinion again.

Quoting annaica:

I am thinking of announcing my pregnancy with a pic of my daughter nursing on her third birthday with a caption "tandem nursing rocks" on Facebook lol, I wonder if people will get that lol!

Do your friends on Facebook know you are still Breastfeeding? Are they supportive?

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

I haven't ironically. My nursling will be two in March and I have yet to do so. Now I have posted and shared a number of other BF photos and related articles. I have plenty of photos of me BF though.

annaica
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  Any and all breastfeeding support is good to have!

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Yes though not on my own wall. I'm in a breastfeeding FB group called Mummies Nummies. It's a closed group so no one but group members can see it.

Here is the public MN page. Lots of good info there and if you want to be in the private group you can ask on the page.

Kahla11
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a picture of my twins breastfeeding while holding hands but it is a very discreet photo meaning can't really tell that they are feeding. The only people who knew they wear eating where people who new I was bfing. The comments I got where that the babies where cute. :)

Sunshine71980
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Here is one I posted

catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Not on facebook.. BUMP 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)