Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Medela

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

is it a good breast pump?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmama11212
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Well i have a hand pump and i have no complains:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Personally I love my medela double electric. I've had it for 5 years STILL works like a charm. I stopped pumping about 5 months ago and three days ago pumped and got a TON out... I think it works very well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Their manual, single hand pump is good. For a double electric pump you can get a better quality pump, with a "closed system" for less money by buying a Hygeia Enjoye or Ameda Purely Yours. Medela electric pumps have an "open system" where milk can get into the pump motor and grow mold and such that you can't clean.

MaMaLaLa78
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I love my double pump from Medela.  I had great success with pumping at work over a year with it- totally responded well to the pump.  It was a life saver and essential piece of equipment.  

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Any proof with pictures? My husband builds pumps and took mine apart. He said there is no way that milk can get back there.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Their manual, single hand pump is good. For a double electric pump you can get a better quality pump, with a "closed system" for less money by buying a Hygeia Enjoye or Ameda Purely Yours. Medela electric pumps have an "open system" where milk can get into the pump motor and grow mold and such that you can't clean.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM

These are pictures of an avent isis.  Looking for pics of medelas but I know that many ibclcs have cracked them open to find motors full of mold.

http://www.dotdotslittleshop.com/blog/2011/03/molds-in-my-breast-pump-but-how-can-that-be/

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Any proof with pictures? My husband builds pumps and took mine apart. He said there is no way that milk can get back there.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM
This.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Pictures of a swing here: http://mythnomore.blogspot.com/2011/08/why-you-shouldnt-buy-sell-or-borrow.html

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting maggiemom2000:

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I need pics of the PIS. My husband having worked with pumps for a living is adamant that it's sealed.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Pictures of a swing here: http://mythnomore.blogspot.com/2011/08/why-you-shouldnt-buy-sell-or-borrow.html

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting maggiemom2000:

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is wrong. Medela is an open system and women have had issues with milk getting into the motor. It's a fact. I'm on my phone so you can google it as well as I can. It is common? Maybe not common but it does happen so why not buy a pump with a closed system. Plus Medela is not WHO compliant.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)