Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

getting days and nights mixed up

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
  • 10 Replies
What are some ways to get baby to sleep through the night instead of during the day? My Lo sleeps all say and stays up in the night.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
How old?
As for sleeping through the night thats individual for the child. Some sleep through at 6 weeks others 6 years. All are normal.
Try to make day time more active. If baby is very sleepy try to change scenery go for a walk, play, dance, give a bath, change clothes.
Make a ritual before bed of a calming bath with soothing music. Infant massage, lavender calming enviorment.
Do you co-sleep?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanaMomOf2
by Shana on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I know some people frown on it but my LO sleeps right next to me since 3 weeks old. I breast feed and I actually have to wake him up during night to change and feed ( he is 6 weeks old now). If you breast feed I have found it to be soothing and easy to lay him next to me and feed/sleep (my kid pretty much paciphiers on boob)

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
It's very exhausting but when my son did this to me i let him stay up all night one night and made him stay up the whole day the next day. By that night he wad exhausted and really slept, he didn't stay up the next night :)
kaydenmommy10
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My lo tried doing that so since the doc was already having me give him spoon feed him cereal because of his spitting up I would give him 2 tbs between 9-12pm and then he would sleep all night...I stopped after a week and now he sleeps all night and only takes naps during the day

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

There isn't much you can. Sure people will tell you cereal and try to keep them awake but cereal isn't good for baby and an overtired baby sleeps less. Baby will get figured out in time. So my answer is give it time. It will happen when baby is ready for it to.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
This!

Quoting jjchick75:

There isn't much you can. Sure people will tell you cereal and try to keep them awake but cereal isn't good for baby and an overtired baby sleeps less. Baby will get figured out in time. So my answer is give it time. It will happen when baby is ready for it to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaydenmommy10
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I used to think that about the cereal but his gi specailist told me to do it so dont tell her something isnt good for her when a doc will tell her otherwise

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Cereal isn't good for them!!! even if the pope said it was it stll wouldnt be correct

Quoting kaydenmommy10:

I used to think that about the cereal but his gi specailist told me to do it so dont tell her something isnt good for her when a doc will tell her otherwise

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I agree, too. :-)

Quoting jjchick75:

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't care if a doctor told you it was good for them, it isn't. It's processed junk. It has no nutrition to it and is filler. It's basically glorifed sugar. Not to mention babies don't have the necessary enzymes to break down grains until closer to a year. And it especailly isn't good for a baby that appears to be pretty young. I'm not going to tell her it's good for her to give her baby rice ceral or any cereal because it isn't.

Quoting kaydenmommy10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)