Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing ALL night....help!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

My LO is 4 months. She usually nurses to sleep, I put her in her crib and she will sleep 3-4  hours before waking up to feed.

The last few nights she screams as soon as I put her down in the crib, so we started co-sleeping. But she cries until I nurse her and stays latched/nursing ALL night. I can't sleep with her latched. Any ideas?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Growth spurt, teething, new milestones. Those are the biggest culprits of sleep disturbance!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arigdon4
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Same here but my lo is only 3.5weeks so I'm no help so here's a bump

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
get used to it lol
she is probably going through a growth spurt. nothing to be too worried about :)
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Normal stuff. At four months and at 3.5 weeks.

The cure is time.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
4 month olds are little monsters ;)
It's the age, lots of stuff going on at once, it will pass mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Go with it for now. Its a growth spurt & will pass soon.

BabyFruit Ticker

jessymoka
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Are you a working mama?

If so it is not abnormal for the child to reverse their feeding patterns, less bottled breast milk during the day, and more frequent nursing at night.

if you are a SAHM, it could be a growth spurt, or maybe she is feeling a little yucky, does she have a cold?

MrsNiko88
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Yes, I just went back to work a few weeks ago. Maybe that's it?

Quoting jessymoka:

Are you a working mama?

If so it is not abnormal for the child to reverse their feeding patterns, less bottled breast milk during the day, and more frequent nursing at night.

if you are a SAHM, it could be a growth spurt, or maybe she is feeling a little yucky, does she have a cold?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Very likely. They will make up for the missing mommy time however they can do it.

But know that sleep patterns will change often in year one, nursing through the night is actually normal and sleeping through the night is a mere five hours.

Quoting MrsNiko88:

Quoting jessymoka:

Are you a working mama?

jessymoka
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
When I went back to work, my daughter did this to me.
Though it was exhausting it helped with a couple of things, 1) it helped so that I wasn't running out of breast milk during the day (I was only able to pump four 5-7oz bottle a day) this way she never needed formula.
2) it helped me as well as her restore that bonding time we were losing during the day. 3) it helped me not get my period back until she was almost 18 months old.
If you co-sleep and can adjust to this change go with it. I don't have any advice on how to fix it unfortunately because I just went with the flow.
Good luck.

Quoting MrsNiko88:

Quoting jessymoka:

Are you a working mama?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)