Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is there a bottle...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
That is more 'breast like' and makes it easier to switch back and forth? Or does it really not matter, except baby preference?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corkysunshine
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
My dd like playtex
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Really doesn't matter. Whichever baby prefers.
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Whichever baby will take. DS1 took anything. Mainly used playtex drop-ins. DS2 is much pickier. The only bottle the daycare provider can get him to take is tommy tippy I think. Only plus is she had some already so I haven't had to buy any yet. That will probably happen soon though so I can leave the house by.my.self. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
gumbeme06
by Sara on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I'm hoping they come out with these like they say they are beginning of feb but I want to try them out http://bittylab.com/shop.html
Dd only took playtex vent aire every baby is different though
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM

You want ones that have a low flow rate to avoid baby developing a flow preference. The fact is, despite some pretty convincing marketing claims, there is not one like the breast or that can avoid all chances of nipple confusion or flow preference.

The Playtex Natrulatch always scores high among lactation consultants for good size and shape and low flow. Dr. browns wide based nipple scores high as well.

Nuk: bad shape (encourages incorrect sucking)

Medela Calma: really fast flow, not good!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM
What she said.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

You want ones that have a low flow rate to avoid baby developing a flow preference. The fact is, despite some pretty convincing marketing claims, there is not one like the breast or that can avoid all chances of nipple confusion or flow preference.

The Playtex Natrulatch always scores high among lactation consultants for good size and shape and low flow. Dr. browns wide based nipple scores high as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ch-mamabear
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
When I went back to work my mother gave my son the playtex drop-ins. He only ate twice that first night and I felt awful...he fought the bottle for about a week and now he's doing greatt. I think baby has to get used to it. We also tried the similac advanced but he hated that one! Good luck!
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Agree

Quoting aehanrahan:

What she said.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

ariel08
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Try a few! That being said, the wide nipple Playtex VentAir and drop ins worked well for us.
b.futlz
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Tommy toppee and breast flow
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)