Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I really want to avoid nipple confusion, but I will need to pump and give a bottle when I need to leave baby with his daddy. Is there a certain bottle that is best?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
lucaslexie
by Hollie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM

we only bottle feed at daycare and my dd takes avent.

emily0004
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I use nuk air flow bottles and my LO has never had problems with confusion/preference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sbreece
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I use the Avent bottle with a "newborn" nipple. (0+) it only has one small hole so baby has to work to get the milk out. Plus, that nipple is very similar to tyw shape of her paci and the nipple shield I use so there is no confusion or preference. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunflower_rn
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

we do Avent too with newborn nipple, she does well. Tommie Tippee was too fast she would choke, she's kind of a piggie :)

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Out of 4 breastfed kids only one took a bottle and only 1 kind. The mOmma bottle. It's shaped like a boob ;). My son switches back and forth between breast and bottle with no issues. His latch is the same on either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

i loved Ameda bottles.if i could've afforded Tommie Tippie ones,I prob would've bought those.

arigdon4
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

playtex nursers are whatwe're going to use (i'm not sure yet, we'll start with them next week). but the nipples are wide and look like a real breast and nipple, the drop -ins and slow-flow nipples are made so the baby getsto suck and drink at his own pace....nothing is like the real thing butfrom my research, this seems pretty close.

good luck!!

mommathea
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I've always used the Avent bottles

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM

My son only uses bottles when he is at daycare, I introduce him to Avent, but daycare only allows glass bottles, so he took evenflow, but then I found Pigeon brand so I got him those because all the babies on daycare use evenflow and I don't want them to give him formula by mistake. Now there are avent natural glass bottles, I order them so probably next week will be here. They have boob shape now

arimaur
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM

i used for dd and still use avent bottles for ds, there wasn't any confusion at all.  i went back to work when they were 2 months old.  dd did well and ds is doing well.  i always stuck with the 0 month nipple so they wouldn't think the bm would flow like that from me.  and they still prefered momma! :)  good luck on finding the right one for you guys.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)