Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need to know if pumping 3 oz is good or not also are there anyways for me to be able to produce more milk...my son's doc wanted me to try to pump some to see how much i am producing...she said he should be eatting 4-5 oz but i really think that he is at 6oz since i can nurse him and he will still need a 3 oz bottle

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (41-42):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You have a baby that was exceeding gain expectations, then lost a little (but still above expected gain levels). They're trying to fix what ain't broke!

Quoting kaydenmommy10:

Yeah they understand that...they just want to make sure it isnt' something else either

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Ok, then I'll bet that he wasn't eating as well then.  Did you tell the doctor?

Quoting kaydenmommy10:

Yeah he had thrush for the whole month of December...he finally got over it this month...then at the beginning of this month he and his brother both had a virus...then this week he has been wheezing 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Did your baby get sick?  My daughter would loose weight when she got sick because she would loose her appetite.

Quoting kaydenmommy10:

yeah they were on the same scale at the hospital...and yes lbs and ozs

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lunabella79
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Just something to think about: when DS was 2 months old he "lost" weight on the same scale, but instead of getting worried, his pediatrician chalked it up to his PA making a mistake at the last appointment. He then had me come back a week later for a weight check to make sure he wasn't actually losing weight and of course he wasn't. We are all human and can make mistakes!

DS is now 6 1/2 months and he's 14#, in the 5th percentile! His drs are not concerned because he us EBF and they know and understand that nursed babies don't follow the same growth pattern as formula fed babies. He gained a pound a month and that's perfect :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)