Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sore left breast after a skipped feeding

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

me and my husband went out with some friends for the  first time in a while saturday night.  my kids stayed with the grandparents. it was the first time i was away from my 2 month old for more than a few hours.  he was asleep when i got home thinking he would be up to eat soon and being exhausted i went to bed instead of pumping. by the time he had woken up to eat it had been about 7 or 8 hours since i last nursed.  i woke up with my left breast semi hard and very soar. after feeding him my breast felt empty but a little soar.  sunday afternoon he we both took a long nap during the day about 4 hours later i woke up with the same issue as before. im still feeding normally and my breast is no longer hard. but im still very soar.   it is only my left breast and feels like a giant bruise.  any one have advice? 

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yeah, that can happen. The tissues got all stretched out and hurt. It just needs time to heal. Watch out for clogged ducts and signs of mastitis and be careful not to do that too often or your supply might be affected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Ice packs and Tylenol. 

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Engorgemeny will do that. When you become engorged yoh can express some milk to het some relief, and yes, watch out for a clogged milk duct and mastitis (mastitis comea alng with a high fever typically and red streaks on your breast, and clogged duct you will usually feel a lump).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN