Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is this normal for her to be this fussy, puny, and difficult??

I am waiting on a call from the pediatrician and may try with a lactation consultant after I hear from the pediatrician's nurse. But..she has just bee screaming nonstop at EVERYTHING for the past week. She has been shaking very bad as well. Like hyperactive shaking outbursts. It is worse when I try to nurse her. She normally nurses every 2-3 hours. Now she only WILLINGLY nurses in the morning when she wakes up and at night, before bed. She screams and turns her head, won't latch, rips my hair out and just has a complete meltdown when I do try to nurse her and as soon as she is away from the boob, she is fine. But when I pick her up she is sucking on my neck and whatever she can get her hands on. They checked for teeth and ear infection..nothing, And this still continues..
Should I start her on cereal or.... She is 4 1/2 months. 
I pretty much have to be rocking her, standing up all day.. 

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-15):
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Yes, they gave me a chart with the dosages for each weight range. :)

Quoting BennyBaby09:

Well I would think the crying would be the cause of the red swollen throat. Just make sure you are giving the dosage based on weight NOT age for the Tylenol.

BennyBaby09
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Good... Most people go off age and end up over medicating their kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't use oragel! It is actually bad and can make it harder fit the teeth to break through.
What you described sounds like a nursing strike due to teething. My son did the exact same thing. Once I treated the pain, he went back to nursing as normal. The Tylenol will probably help with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Yeah, her pediatrician told me today that the oragel was useless and not to even bother! Thanks for the reply!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Don't use oragel! It is actually bad and can make it harder fit the teeth to break through.
What you described sounds like a nursing strike due to teething. My son did the exact same thing. Once I treated the pain, he went back to nursing as normal. The Tylenol will probably help with that.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I hope the Tylenol helps and she's back to nursing like normal soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN