Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What's the worst advice you got from the Pediatrician about BreastFeeding???

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 123 Replies

The worst thing my Ex Pedi did was gave me a can of Enfimil A.R. (added rice) for my son a week after I had him, because he weighed 6lbs 13oz. He was 7lbs 1oz at birth and he was 5 weeks early.She gave me the can and said there that will put some meat on his bones... OMG!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
"Baby must be weaned by one and eating one full jar of meat to ensure proper nutrition"... We didn't see her again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
5 moms liked this
she told me if i didnt start giving formula she was calling cps on me for intentionally starving my kid by ebfing. she gave me samples which promptly when in the donate to food bank box. we ebf for almost two yrs and i have a perfectly healthy toddler. shes a fucktard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

She was very pro-bfing and happy I was doing it, but it was never really a big topic of discussion for us. For the first few visits she let me stay late in the room to nurse ds before heading home.

MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM
4 moms liked this
I can honestly say our ped has never given bad breastfeeding advice. He always tells me after my sons well visits to stay and nurse if I want to use the room to do so, he loves hearing that he is still nursing at 15 months old and he was always really big on no solids at all for 6 months and when you begin offering, always nurse first! He's a big big advocate for nursing little ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow, no kidding like what grounds did she even have to say that. I would have said call CPS and i will call MedWatch, & State Medical Licencing board...

Quoting got2monsters:

she told me if i didnt start giving formula she was calling cps on me for intentionally starving my kid by ebfing. she gave me samples which promptly when in the donate to food bank box. we ebf for almost two yrs and i have a perfectly healthy toddler. shes a fucktard.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
What advice? My ped was an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Your Pedi sounds awsome wish I could find one... Lol.

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

I can honestly say our ped has never given bad breastfeeding advice. He always tells me after my sons well visits to stay and nurse if I want to use the room to do so, he loves hearing that he is still nursing at 15 months old and he was always really big on no solids at all for 6 months and when you begin offering, always nurse first! He's a big big advocate for nursing little ones.

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I go to my family dr and i couldn't be more happyer with him always gives me great advice on bfing and wants me to keep nursing him until he is 3 years old!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

When my son was 2 he had a really bad case of meningitis and nearly died. When he got so sick the pediatrician had us take him to the ER to meet us there. We got there before she did and they sent in the on call pediatrician to look at him. My son was running an extremely high fever(104-106), was completely out of it, and kept throwing up. I'd dealt with sick kids before but I knew this was much worse. So I was already freaking out and he tells me "This probably has something to do with the fact that he is still breastfeeding and unvaccinated"....... say what? He also told me could turn me into CPS and get him taken away from me for molestation! When our pediatrician got there she set him straight and griped him out! 

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I'd have retorted that doctor! What a douche waffle!

Quoting jjchick75:

When my son was 2 he had a really bad case of meningitis and nearly died. When he got so sick the pediatrician had us take him to the ER to meet us there. We got there before she did and they sent in the on call pediatrician to look at him. My son was running an extremely high fever(104-106), was completely out of it, and kept throwing up. I'd dealt with sick kids before but I knew this was much worse. So I was already freaking out and he tells me "This probably has something to do with the fact that he is still breastfeeding and unvaccinated"....... say what? He also told me could turn me into CPS and get him taken away from me for molestation! When our pediatrician got there she set him straight and griped him out! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN