Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What's the worst advice you got from the Pediatrician about BreastFeeding???

Posted by   + Show Post

The worst thing my Ex Pedi did was gave me a can of Enfimil A.R. (added rice) for my son a week after I had him, because he weighed 6lbs 13oz. He was 7lbs 1oz at birth and he was 5 weeks early.She gave me the can and said there that will put some meat on his bones... OMG!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Our pedi is pretty lax about breastfeeding and lets me run the show, though when solids came up he said "realistically, there probably isn't much difference in the gut between 4 and 6 months." I guess that was the worst. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about me letting baby self wean, but oh well lol mama knows best!

Ultra_
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW! That's bad. Mine never gave any BF advice. I never needed any. Everything went smooth. I had to go back to my OB-GYN though when I had a HORRIBLE case of mastitis.

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Well the doctor we saw wasnt his regular doctor. He told me to give my now 5 week old pedylite for his cold. And That it would help him a lot. Lets just say i wont be seeing that guy again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

ugh "full jar of meat" sounds so nasty!!!!   gross!!   its like SPAM

Quoting JMmama:

"Baby must be weaned by one and eating one full jar of meat to ensure proper nutrition"... We didn't see her again.

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I know, right! I just said, "Yeah, I'm not going to give him that". That was the tip of the iceberg for that appointment. I reported her to patient advocacy and apparently her contract was not renewed because they had so many complaints.

Quoting JaxMomma78:

ugh "full jar of meat" sounds so nasty!!!!   gross!!   its like SPAM

Quoting JMmama:

"Baby must be weaned by one and eating one full jar of meat to ensure proper nutrition"... We didn't see her again.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gavin423
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My pedi rocks and is very supportive. I think the "worst" thing he's ever said was telling me I could offer solids at 4 months if I felt it was needed.

But he's very supportive of me nursing both my girls and knowing I"m still nursing Kinzie at 16 months, he doesn't even really get in my business about nursing my 2 month old. He asks if I"m still nursing, I say 'yep', he says 'good' and we move onto a new subject.

Proud2BWeird
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Our original led, who owned the practice was wonderful. He fully supported extended breastfeeding, and got very excited every time we went in and told him we were still breastfeeding (which we did to 3+).

We were devastated when he died suddenly. He had a massive coronary in his office.

His wake took up both rooms at the funeral home. They had to set up rope partitions to direct people through, and we waited two hours to pay our respects. There were many people in line behind us, too.

One of his associates, however, told me my vomiting 7 month old needed to stop nursing and only get pedialite, as milk was "too hard to digest". Yes, I told him about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

That is awsome i wish more were like that...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I go to my family dr and i couldn't be more happyer with him always gives me great advice on bfing and wants me to keep nursing him until he is 3 years old!

mamalusbear
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

None, have a great pediatrician who referred me to a LC when I was having trouble BF my son.  

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

He sounds like he was a good Dr. too bad his accociate didnt pick up any of his good practice...

Quoting Proud2BWeird:

Our original led, who owned the practice was wonderful. He fully supported extended breastfeeding, and got very excited every time we went in and told him we were still breastfeeding (which we did to 3+).

We were devastated when he died suddenly. He had a massive coronary in his office.

His wake took up both rooms at the funeral home. They had to set up rope partitions to direct people through, and we waited two hours to pay our respects. There were many people in line behind us, too.

One of his associates, however, told me my vomiting 7 month old needed to stop nursing and only get pedialite, as milk was "too hard to digest". Yes, I told him about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)