Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I swear it happens everytime.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

DS has been diagnosed with milk soy protein intolerance, but I dont think he has a problem with milk. I finally tested this theory after being afraid to do so for months. Well he had green frothy poop, which is suppost to mean I am overproducing, which I can easily believe because I am leaking like a mad woman over here, and I havent leaked much in a while except when he was sick and barely eating.

I swear dairy makes me overproduce! I have asked if this is a possibilty on here before and the idea was dismissed, but he hasnt had this happen in a long time, his poop is already better, and it has only been 2 days. So what Im asking is if there is a way I can balance the hindmilk/foremilk, while putting away milk for later use? Will my supply level out in a few months like it normally does when babies are about 3 weeks to 3 months old?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Green frothy poop can also be a sign of dairy intolerance.  Yes, milk could make you overproduce though it's not common for other women.  The way to balance foremilk/hindmilk would be to feed him on one side per feeding or for several feedings.  You can pump first thing in the morning each day to build a stash.

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
They have similar
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Sorry. Similar appearing poops. I wouldn't save the milk for a few weeks if you are cutting dairy/soy since it takes a few weeks to leave your milk
AlexSosa
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I cut soy months ago, I just reintroduced dairy. DS's poop looks perfect right now, it was just green and foamy the one time, the day after I had dairy. I dont think he has a problem with dairy, I think its just the hindmillk/foremilk imbalance.

Quoting Cleo07:

Sorry. Similar appearing poops. I wouldn't save the milk for a few weeks if you are cutting dairy/soy since it takes a few weeks to leave your milk

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Green frothy poop is also a sign of dairy allergy and my guees is that is indeed what you are dealing with. 

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I have talked to several moms who have noticdd food sensitivities in their families, such a gluten, dairy and soy. They also founs yhat cutting out foods that they were sensitive prevented engorgment. I think they mentioned that thosw foods they were sensitivd to (ie gluten) caused swelling and thua engorgment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN