Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nursing strike at 13 weeks??

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
I just want to cry, I don't know if her gums are hurting or what...this is the 2nd daynin a row shes not wanted to nurse whenever. Even at times I know she should be hungry all she does is cry and kick and flail at the breast. I got a paci out yesterday after much frustration and calmed her then slipped her on to nurse, then no issue. Kind of like now....nothing was working we haven't had a night like this since she was a Nb. I got the paci out for a min then on the brest she went. Is this a problem?? I'm so frustrated I'm prob rambling. I thought maybe she may have some teeth about to cut sometime, is this a phase?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RandiBear
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My son did that too. He was simply too hungry and too worked up to latch on right and get the milk to come down sometimes. I gave him the paci to soothe him a little and he latched on no problem afterward. After I figured out it was either when the milk was coming too fast or too slow that I started just offering a little bit earlier and the issue stopped altogether. Hope this helps!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM

try some teething tablets and then nurse

jendigme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Ive tried all day it seems, to the point shes not crying inbetween to tell me shes hungry. I don't feel like that's the issue because she starts screaming without even trying to latch, kwim?

Quoting RandiBear:

My son did that too. He was simply too hungry and too worked up to latch on right and get the milk to come down sometimes. I gave him the paci to soothe him a little and he latched on no problem afterward. After I figured out it was either when the milk was coming too fast or too slow that I started just offering a little bit earlier and the issue stopped altogether. Hope this helps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendigme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I gave her some tylenol about 30 mins ago, I'm desperate. I may pick up dome tt tomorrow ..is hylands.brand?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

try some teething tablets and then nurse

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hmm, maybe it's the position. Try changing positions? My son didn't want to be on his back when he ate, he had to be on his belly so I would lay on my back and lay him on top to feed him. That helped.

Quoting jendigme:

Ive tried all day it seems, to the point shes not crying inbetween to tell me shes hungry. I don't feel like that's the issue because she starts screaming without even trying to latch, kwim?

Quoting RandiBear:

jendigme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Side lying is usually her favorite, we tried that too after nothing else worked. And that pissed her off even more, ages asleep now. I'm hoping maybe she was just overly tired or something. She wouldn't take a nap at all today. We weill see when she wakes up tonight if she will nurse ok. Thanks for ur suggestiona

Quoting RandiBear:

Hmm, maybe it's the position. Try changing positions? My son didn't want to be on his back when he ate, he had to be on his belly so I would lay on my back and lay him on top to feed him. That helped.

Quoting jendigme:

Quoting RandiBear:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendigme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Oops, she's*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendigme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's a phase. You're doping the right things. Keep it up.

Motherhood is nothing but a series of phases, one on top of another.

jendigme
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM
In praying its just a phase, I don't have a choice to cut out a bottle because of work. I'm hoping she was overly tired because she just woke up and she's feeding fine.

Thanks for your reply

Quoting gdiamante:

Yes, it's a phase. You're doping the right things. Keep it up.

Motherhood is nothing but a series of phases, one on top of another.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN