Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

3 week growth spurt?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

How old was your LO when they hit it?

Bean is 15 days old and for the last day has been very fussy, latched on and off and just generally had issues.  She was born a month early and her latch is awful but we are working on it... I don't think that's it.  No excessive gas, plenty of dipes and otherwise fine - just fussy nursing.  I nurse her on demand and she's been pretty much attached to me every hour for the past 24.  Truth be told I kind of like it.  I love holding her : )

so maybe growth spurt? I hope not, I don't want her to grow up!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM

"Who is fussy nursing? Me? No, not me!" 

She looks and acts just like her father : )

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Those first few weeks were pretty mucha constant growth spurt. He'd be fussy for a few days then ok a few... then fussy again. This went on for about a month
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yeah she's done that too : ) I had just heard over and over that 3 weeks was the worst...?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Those first few weeks were pretty mucha constant growth spurt. He'd be fussy for a few days then ok a few... then fussy again. This went on for about a month

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Yea his third was the worst but you can do this! Just nurse on demand, cosleep if it's safe, and wait it out... it will be over in a few days! Thrn you'll catch a break for a few weeks

Quoting SadieJames:

Yeah she's done that too : ) I had just heard over and over that 3 weeks was the worst...?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

SadieJames
by Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We nurse on demand, can't cosleeping because of DH (he has serious issues with sweating and flailing) but she's in our room in her crib.  It doesn't really bother me - just kind of wondering.  She's so cute I can't get mad : ). Plus it was a long hard road to get here with TTC so I'm so happy I don't mind the fussing.  DH helps a lot too (all dipe changes, bathing, cuddling, making food for us).  

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Yea his third was the worst but you can do this! Just nurse on demand, cosleep if it's safe, and wait it out... it will be over in a few days! Thrn you'll catch a break for a few weeks

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:25 AM
My dh is a roller lol. So at one point we side carred aiden's crib to our bed so i wouldn't have to get up to feed him. Baby had his space, dh had his and i had almost a full nights rest

Quoting SadieJames:

We nurse on demand, can't cosleeping because of DH (he has serious issues with sweating and flailing) but she's in our room in her crib.  It doesn't really bother me - just kind of wondering.  She's so cute I can't get mad : ). Plus it was a long hard road to get here with TTC so I'm so happy I don't mind the fussing.  DH helps a lot too (all dipe changes, bathing, cuddling, making food for us).  

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
The growth spurts were weekly for quite a while with my second. They ran one into the next. I call it constant growth spurt mode.
I don't know if I experienced the madness that Stacy always talks about. It is all a blur to me now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

This was true for us, too.

I love that little preemie face. :) My 35-weeker is now a huge 5 year old!

Quoting aehanrahan:

The growth spurts were weekly for quite a while with my second. They ran one into the next. I call it constant growth spurt mode.
I don't know if I experienced the madness that Stacy always talks about. It is all a blur to me now.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
My son lets me know when a growth spurt is coming. He gets fussy, latches on and off, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)