Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He loved it!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
My oldest had to go in formula when he was three months old, he is 2 1/2 now. I have a 4 month who I am exclusively breast feeding and pumping (while at work and I pump more than he needs for daycare).

With this sick season being rough, I thought it may be a good idea to have my oldest have some to help for his immunity.

My youngest stayed home today (he's recovering from being sick) with my husband today and when i got home my husband had a warmed up bottle that he hadn't fed him yet so I breasted him and put the bottle into a cup for my oldest. He loved it! :-)

My question to you ladies is, how much is recommended to give him to get the best benefits?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Whatever you can. No minimum recommendation. Even one cupful a day is good. More is great too.

Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That's actually the main reason I'm getting back into pumping-I want my 4 year old to have milk for this yucky weather!!

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

My DD1 tried some BM recently (she'll be 4 in April), and she decided she loved it (she was primarily FF) because she realized it was sweet!

Whatever helps!!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

THIS...                                                                                                                                                      I have to sneak it for my 6 year old, she always gets mad at me when she figures it out, " MOM IM NOT A BABY" Lol!!!

Quoting gdiamante:

Whatever you can. No minimum recommendation. Even one cupful a day is good. More is great too.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I used to give my older son some of my milk in his cow milk (he didn't like just mine) whenever I had some pumped and wanted to give him an immunity boost.
Any amount that you can give is great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)