Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ugh I hate it

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

when people compare breastfeeding in public to pooping in public!

In support of the Birth Without Fear Facebook nurse-in yesterday, I posted a picture of a baby being fed and a tidbit about how breastfeeding is beautiful and not offensive or sexual, etc

My own sister responded with

How is it right for someone else to decide what offends me? I'd rather not look at another woman's breast just cause she is feeding her child. It's natural to take a shit but you don't see me going around taking pictures of this process posting it everywhere. Some things are meant to be private. Including exposing your breasts at anytime. Baby or no baby!

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goodmama85
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Wow just wow.i don't get it either it's a pretty ignorant thing to say :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My family would know better, lol. I'd probably just be a smart ass and say, "Your opinion offends me, please keep it private." Because, while she's right about it being her choice whether something offends her (no matter how dumb I think that is), her right to be offended doesn't trump your right to breastfeed in public, just as your right to be offended doesn't trump her freedom of speech.
princess_peach
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

The thing that is even more irritating is that she wears very revealing clothing on a daily basis. I do not cover while nursing and I guarantee I have seen more of her boobs than she has seen of mine!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Oh well then people that wear a bikini to the beach or swimming pool should get the same treatment, Some of these bathing suits show more boob then a baby nursing!!! And how in the world can you compair a baby to poop? She offended me and shes not even my sister, I think if she were my family i wouldnt talk to her for a while. Im sorry you are having this experience!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

And the next time she wore a low cut shirt around me I would pull it down,, LOL!!!

Quoting princess_peach:

The thing that is even more irritating is that she wears very revealing clothing on a daily basis. I do not cover while nursing and I guarantee I have seen more of her boobs than she has seen of mine!

princess_peach
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Here is what I said back...

Feeding a baby is not even remotely the same as defecating. I do not use a cover to feed Addisyn and even if someone was sitting right next to me, they would see much less than what they'd see at a swimming pool or beach. Hell, I see more when I go to Wal-mart than in that picture.
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I hate that too. It's not unsanitary and a health risk for me to nurse my baby in public. However it would be both of those if someone took a crap just wherever. There is no comparison. I had lady tell me once at resturant that she was disgusted to see me nursing in a public resturant and that I should atleast cover up. I said my baby is hungry what you rather me do let her scream? She said go the car or th bathroom. I told her if she was so bothered by it she could go eat in thre restroom or the car but I was going to stay and enjoy the meal with my family and if she didn't want to see me nursing, she was more than welcome to look the other way! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)