Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Good Doctors/Practitioners

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

I hear all the horror stories on here about doctors who know nothing about breastfeeding and show no respect to bf mothers. I myself take my children to a nurse practitioner who I absolutely love!

She is incredibly respectful of parenting choices and offers support and advice that helps not hurts. She loves that we breastfeed, doesn't comment on our bed sharing, gave us resources to research vaccinations to make that choice for ourselves and goes out of her way to be there for us during our younger daughters health issues.

Anyone else have good/ supportive docs or practitioners?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM

There are a few...mine gives some bad info but leave me alone about vaccines and is great about other stuff, I just know what NOT to ask about

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Yes, mine is respectful of our decisions. There have been times i have been given advice that is not very probreastfeeding, but its usually from.thw nurses, and i will either just hold my tongue or say "thanks but no thanks".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Our Pedi is so amazing that she gave us her home phone and her cell phone numbers.  (And then she actually answered when I had a mommy meltdown when my newborn was being poked and prodded at birth in the hospital...).

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I'm still interviewing, lol. That's great yours is good...
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

We have a wonderful pediatrician! When we first started using him it was him and his oldest daughter! His oldest daughter has since moved and opened her own practice but they are both amazing doctors. What I love about him is that unlike alot of doctors he has no fear in saying, "I don't know but I will you find someone who does".  He has no problem admitting there are certain areas he is just simply not qualified to give advice and I like that. But he is very knowledgeable! The main thing we wanted to find was a doctor who wouldn't throw a fit or hound us over our decision to not vaccinate. Our pediatrician delay and selectively vaccinated/vaccinates his kids and 100% fine with our decision! There are lots of them around her though that aren't very good, especially when it comes to breastfeeding. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)