Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Percocet

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
I've been taking Percocet yesterday and today after having gallbladder surgery. I know its safe to take and nurse, but I was told to watch for sleepiness in the baby. She's taken a couple of extra little cat naps today. Is that anything to be concerned about? Is her being sleepy a bad thing, or just something that happens?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I wouldn't worry.

BabyFruit Ticker

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I wouldn't worry unless she's hard to wake or sleeping so much she's not making enough diapers

o0laurie.love0o
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
She's definitely sleepier than normal but when she is up she's awake enough to interact. It's reallg weird actually seeing it have an effect on her. But I tried to go without the medicine and I just cant do it yet. It's pretty painful to have her on me nursing so she's getting some bottles today too, so that should hopefully give her plenty to eat.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Yep! How are diapers?

Quoting PoodleMum:

I wouldn't worry unless she's hard to wake or sleeping so much she's not making enough diapers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
You're pumping when she gets the bottles, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I wouldn't worry unless she's lethargic
momdays
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I was on percocet after my c-section with DS. I just made sure to take a pain pill right after he nursed, that way it would do its job, and partly be out of my system before the next time.

o0laurie.love0o
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I have no idea on the diapers. My husbands been taking care of the kids all day, and he doesn't change her as often so she's like super soaking when he does. (Ugh, men.) She's been eating plenty though so I doubt the count is off.

Yes I pump when she has a bottle. She usually has 1-2oz extra after I nurse and I pump then also. (Unrelated FTT issues) I have donor milk for that, but we went through it all really quick the last couple of days. I'm getting another 100oz from my milky momma tomorrow though. Is is crazy that I am just labeling my pumped milk as containing Percocet and saving it for teething? Not sure if that makes me a bad mom or a genius!
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Ha,Lol. I dont know if it has the same pain releving properties when it goes through your system into the milk. That is a good idea though. I think im going to look it up tomarrow...

Quoting o0laurie.love0o:

I have no idea on the diapers. My husbands been taking care of the kids all day, and he doesn't change her as often so she's like super soaking when he does. (Ugh, men.) She's been eating plenty though so I doubt the count is off.

Yes I pump when she has a bottle. She usually has 1-2oz extra after I nurse and I pump then also. (Unrelated FTT issues) I have donor milk for that, but we went through it all really quick the last couple of days. I'm getting another 100oz from my milky momma tomorrow though. Is is crazy that I am just labeling my pumped milk as containing Percocet and saving it for teething? Not sure if that makes me a bad mom or a genius!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Im going to have dental work done, they told me just take it after nursing to asure the baby gets as little as posible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)