Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Fighting sleep, badly.

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

DS is teething and just got his first tooth on Sunday, well all that pain has been keeping him up at night. So now he is overtired, I got him to sleep for the night, and he took 3-4 hours of a nap earlier today, but I know he is still tired. He is rubbing his eyes and fighting it so bad though.

What are some tricks to get him to sleep when he is this tired? I have already tried nursing, and swinging him, it doesnt work anymore. He will nurse and then pop off and squirm like he is frustrated, then either go back on and repeat, or start scratching the eczema behind his knees with his feet. He is in the swing kicking the thing between his feet right now, and Im starting to worry about him. Teething sucks enough, but having a tired baby too, this stinks. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM

poor baby :( sounds like he has a lot bothering him/  What are youi doing about the excema? That could also be contributing to the discomfort and lack of sleep.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Make sure your treating both his teething and excema.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I agree.
I hope he's feeling better soon. :-(

Quoting melindabelcher:

Make sure your treating both his teething and excema.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arigdon4
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

try the 5 s's (it's part of a book called the happiest baby on the block)

swaddle

side/stomach

shhh

swing

suck

swaddle him. then hold him on his side or stomach, not his back, "shh" him and swing him. once he's calmed down a bit, let him suckel. good luck. it works for my LO.

AlexSosa
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Ive tried doing all of these, he never would take a paci so I tried breastfeeding him in his swaddler, no luck. The Shh'ing used to work, but not lately. 

Quoting arigdon4:

try the 5 s's (it's part of a book called the happiest baby on the block)

swaddle

side/stomach

shhh

swing

suck

swaddle him. then hold him on his side or stomach, not his back, "shh" him and swing him. once he's calmed down a bit, let him suckel. good luck. it works for my LO.

AlexSosa
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I tried a few different things, but today I finally had a breakthrough and it has improved for the first time in almost a week. I am now using Vasaline, its working better than the cocnut oil and aveeno lotion were.

Quoting Precious333:

poor baby :( sounds like he has a lot bothering him/  What are youi doing about the excema? That could also be contributing to the discomfort and lack of sleep.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt do vasoline. The problembis that yoir skin is an organ, and vasoline blocks the pores, not allowing uour skin to breathe.

Quoting AlexSosa:

I tried a few different things, but today I finally had a breakthrough and it has improved for the first time in almost a week. I am now using Vasaline, its working better than the cocnut oil and aveeno lotion were.

Quoting Precious333:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Have you retired an elimination diet to help the eczema? It is usually allergy related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Henrysmomma0915
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Use Aquaphore. My pediatrician recommended it for my son and so after every bath we coat him in the stuff and it works like a charm. Very similar to Vaseline
AlexSosa
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

He appeared to be reacting to solids, since that was the only thing that changed. I stopped the solids for about 2 weeks, and now he is finally getting better.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Have you retired an elimination diet to help the eczema? It is usually allergy related.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN