Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I came in from working out and I noticed the my LO was feeling a little warm. I took his jumper off and decided to take his temp. Boy, am i glad I did. I checked it twice just to make sure the thermoter was working correctly and both times it said 102.2. I am trying to decide if I should take him to the ER or wait and see if it goes down. I gave him some baby tylenol and now he is sleeping. A few of my friends on facebook have given me different advice so I'm conflicted.

His only symptoms right now are crankiness, which could also be from the teething, and a 102.2 fever. He is a little over seven months old and has had his flu vaccine. He got that on the 17th of this month.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (11-13):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Are there any other symptoms? How is he acting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait a while, if his Temp. goes down after medicine. It  could be a 24 bug or something like that. I would alternate between tylenol, & advil. And keep checking his temp. so you can keep track how soon it goes back up, if it does. I personaly wouldnt go to the ER though, they like to run way too many unnessasary tests. And your baby could get even more sick at the ER, too many sick people...

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Well, I put him on the boob and he went to sleep but was whimpering a little. He whimpered/fussed when I put him down but eventually settled. *Sigh* It doesn't appear I will be getting any sleep tonight! It had gone down to the low 100's.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Are there any other symptoms? How is he acting?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)