Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Desperate. Production almost gone. Mothers milk tea?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is almost 2 months old, and so far we had been doing great. I was pumping almost 4-5 ounces every pumping, and always had enough to feed her, then pump and store. Always. Then hubby and I slipped up in the bedroom and I ran out to get Plan B. Big no no, i know. I regret it now, but id regret pregnancy even more. Now im struggling to get even 1-2 ounces each pumping. Im having to supplement formula, which i hate. And honestly shes not taking it to well. I cant just sit down with her for hours and nurse her... she gets frusterated...i get tired, and who has time to sit down all day and nurse? I dont. And thats what it came to, where i would try my best to sit down and just nurse her knowing theres always something coming out, until she got her fill.. but obviously she never was... and i had to break out the bottles :( Ive tried fenugreek, nothing noticible. Ive tried making sure I am pumping then nursing every two hours. nothing. I need a mirical lol. I dont want to give this up, and with me returning to work/college soon... i need my production up so i can pump!! Thanks guys.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Replies (31-36):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Yes that's what it is BUT it's not for latching  problems it's for  damaged nipples.

Quoting ttcwlee_18:

LOL is this really cool invention that makes breastfeeding warrior like! It protects us! (: (:

I had to make a joke sorry

Its this rubber/plastic type flexible peice that looks just like a small portion of the boob with a nipple on it. You place it over your boob, and it helps the baby to latch on for people who have latching problems. Hers a picture of it (it)

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Whats a nipple shield ?

BabyFruit Ticker

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

What more important things have you got to do but take care of your very young baby? It's a very small sacrafice to sit in a room for a day and nurse your baby. It doesn't last forever, its a stage. If you didn't want to spend all day doing this why did you have a baby? I can garuntee there are way more time consuming things down the line for you. None of which will give your baby the amazing benefits that breastfeeding does.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM
You don't need a cover to not show your breasts. Try using the two shirt method.
As for covering for your brother.
I'm nursing 2 kids. My siblings have seem me nursing since they were bro15, sis17, bro 20. I use the 2 shirt method for the most part.
But while irritating as it would be frequently going to your room could also solve the issue.
With my first we lived with my parents. My dad was uncomfortable with me bf so I had to go to my room or use a cover which was frustrating and ds hated it. I was having latching difficulty and just started using bottles and formula and pumping. I pumped and formula fed for 6mo before giving up. I regretted it especially after having #2 and #3.
Do what's best for your situation but remember you are mom. Your only responsible for the well being of your child. Your family is responsible for themself and have no say over your child, how you feed.
Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Plan b? Could it affect your milk...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I had good nursers and could never pump more than 2-3 oz at a time after the first month or so. In the beginning you over produce.  What worked for me was the nurse, pump an hour later, nurse an hour after that, etc.  After I while i would save up a fair amount and production would increase.  Once you are away from the baby, as everyone said, you'll really need to pump every 2 hours or plan on supplementing. And if you supplement with formula some, there is no good in feeling guilty!  Breast is best, but Formula has come a long way and odds are your child will turn out the same as if they had been exclusively breastfed.  And it's great you are taking time to further your education!

GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

And brewers yeast is good stuff too...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)