Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP where can i get gluten free/dairy free/soy free formula?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 53 Replies

Rhythm lost more weight...

at this point I honestly do not care about breastfeeding anymore.

I am worried.

the doctors are screwing with my meds and medi-cal is giving me problems trying to find a doc, i just want him to be ok. i dont know where i can get formula that will even be ok for my LO. please help me :(

update:

wasnt able to find any formula i trusted he wouldnt react to, this is my plan for today:

im going to be pumping pretty much all day and imm going to putt a hot compress on my breasts to help my letdown.

whats going on now is the docs raised my thyroid when i was already hyper, told me i was hypo, causing problems, im not going to taake any more thyroid. period. until i talk to a competant doctor, its highly likely i didnt need it to begin with. since they tested my levels when i was pregnant..

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM

you could try alimentum, but my food allergic guy still reacted to it (even though they said it was impossible)   We ended up going the raw goats milk route, with vitamin suppliments

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/bottle-feeding/hypoallergenic-formula
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM

does it have gluten?

Quoting mommaoftwo:

you could try alimentum, but my food allergic guy still reacted to it (even though they said it was impossible)   We ended up going the raw goats milk route, with vitamin suppliments

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM
You're going to have to get Nutramigen or Alimentum. They're pricey but are extensively hydrolysis so a child with allergies doesn't react.
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

is it gluten free? can i just find it at the normal store?

Quoting mom2ljh:

You're going to have to get Nutramigen or Alimentum. They're pricey but are extensively hydrolysis so a child with allergies doesn't react.

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

No alimentum does not have gluten, my son was allergic to wheat ,rice, soy and eggs, then later developed a milk allergy.

Alimentum is $25/can, (and they are smaller then regular cans, we went through 3 a week) you can call the company and ask for coupons, or ask your pedi for samples.

My son still had skin issues and oozing from his face even on the alimentum, which is why we switched to goat's milk, his skin totally cleared up, although he would have minor constipation, but we were willing to trade open, oozing wounds in front of his ears, for that, any day!

I hope you find something that works for you! (Some insurances will help with the cost of alimentum, mine would not, unless he had a feeding tube)

Quoting LucyHourglass:

does it have gluten?

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Just out of curiosity I looked it up online and found it at Walmart, $143 for four 19.8 oz cans of the powder.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting mom2ljh:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM
(That was the Enfamil Nutramigen)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Just out of curiosity I looked it up online and found it at Walmart, $143 for four 19.8 oz cans of the powder.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting mom2ljh:

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Oh and about the insurance covering it, or part of it, you would have them write a script for it.

You could try Amazon for it too, if you can't get it covered by insurance or whatnot.

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

i'll see if i can still try to breastfeed i can give it to him with the sns but i need to supplementt with something, im not pumping enough and havent been able to find donor milk.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN