Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP where can i get gluten free/dairy free/soy free formula?

Posted by   + Show Post

Rhythm lost more weight...

at this point I honestly do not care about breastfeeding anymore.

I am worried.

the doctors are screwing with my meds and medi-cal is giving me problems trying to find a doc, i just want him to be ok. i dont know where i can get formula that will even be ok for my LO. please help me :(

update:

wasnt able to find any formula i trusted he wouldnt react to, this is my plan for today:

im going to be pumping pretty much all day and imm going to putt a hot compress on my breasts to help my letdown.

whats going on now is the docs raised my thyroid when i was already hyper, told me i was hypo, causing problems, im not going to taake any more thyroid. period. until i talk to a competant doctor, its highly likely i didnt need it to begin with. since they tested my levels when i was pregnant..

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Nutrimagin and alimentum still have allergens, its made for babies with a milk protein allergy but thats it.

You need elecare or neocate they are amino based formulas. They run about $400 a month and are not covered by many insurances.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
And Walmart has the Similac Alimentum for $153 for six 16 oz cans.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I know the RTF Alimentum is gluten free. I would assume the powder is too. I have seen it at Kroger. It still has milk proteins but they are already in digested form. If that still bothers your baby, you might need Neocate which doesn't have any milk proteins at all in it. That requires a script I believe.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

is it gluten free? can i just find it at the normal store?

Quoting mom2ljh:

You're going to have to get Nutramigen or Alimentum. They're pricey but are extensively hydrolysis so a child with allergies doesn't react.

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I just looked up Alimentum.... $28/can now and you can 6 for $173 on diapers.com

No wonder I was calling everyone trying to get some help! I even called WIC and asked them to consider subtracting what I was spending on formula, from my income, because surely with taking such a hit every two weeks, I would be under their cut off. I flat out told them, I don't want anything but formula assistance, heck even if you can just authorize some kind of discount or something!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

(That was the Enfamil Nutramigen)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Just out of curiosity I looked it up online and found it at Walmart, $143 for four 19.8 oz cans of the powder.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

is it gluten free? can i just find it at the normal store?

Quoting mom2ljh:

You're going to have to get Nutramigen or Alimentum. They're pricey but are extensively hydrolysis so a child with allergies doesn't react.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Oh sorry, I didn't see that the other girls already said what I said!

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Nutrimagin and alimentum still have allergens, its made for babies with a milk protein allergy but thats it.

You need elecare or neocate they are amino based formulas. They run about $400 a month and are not covered by many insurances.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I see the Neocate on Amazon, $150 for four 14 oz cans.

Are you still waiting on the results from all of that extensive bloodwork? Has your new doctor hinted that this was the direction you were headed?
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

so basically, i at least need something for a little bit because this is what is happening:

my bloodwork for my thyroid showed my TSH was 0.01... they told me that meant i was hypothyroid still and UPPED my thyroid meds, i looked it up online because ti was confusing me... and it means i am HYPER thyroid and on too many meds. 

istill beieave he has celiac but what they just rold me to do definitely is not helping, i already took my morning dose but i am going to stop taking my thyroid until i can speak to a competant doctor. this is too much. i have 4oz f my milk right now .. im giving him a couple oz in the sns. ughhh idk what to do anymore this is too much for me. :(

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Are you still waiting on the results from all of that extensive bloodwork? Has your new doctor hinted that this was the direction you were headed?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Wow! That's outrageous. So really, you'd probably use what, 2 cans a day at least if you're strictly formula feeding?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Even if gluten is not the issue only dair and soy free are neocate and some elecares. My friends son has severe intestinal issues. She had to give up bfing too. Her sons nine now i believe and has a feeding tube and is on elecare.

Sometimes things are out of our control, demand testing, demand doctors help him. Not just blame bfing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN