Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP where can i get gluten free/dairy free/soy free formula?

Posted by   + Show Post

Rhythm lost more weight...

at this point I honestly do not care about breastfeeding anymore.

I am worried.

the doctors are screwing with my meds and medi-cal is giving me problems trying to find a doc, i just want him to be ok. i dont know where i can get formula that will even be ok for my LO. please help me :(

update:

wasnt able to find any formula i trusted he wouldnt react to, this is my plan for today:

im going to be pumping pretty much all day and imm going to putt a hot compress on my breasts to help my letdown.

whats going on now is the docs raised my thyroid when i was already hyper, told me i was hypo, causing problems, im not going to taake any more thyroid. period. until i talk to a competant doctor, its highly likely i didnt need it to begin with. since they tested my levels when i was pregnant..

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
How much did he lose
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM

a LOT. he is 12 pound 7 oz fully clothed and diapered. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

How much did he lose

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

can i buy neocate at the store or is this something that can only be bought online?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I see the Neocate on Amazon, $150 for four 14 oz cans.

Are you still waiting on the results from all of that extensive bloodwork? Has your new doctor hinted that this was the direction you were headed?

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
It's the powder. I've never mixed formula in my life but I'd think you use a couple cans a week?

Quoting stepconfused182:

Wow! That's outrageous. So really, you'd probably use what, 2 cans a day at least if you're strictly formula feeding?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Are you still waiting on the results from all of that extensive bloodwork? Has your new doctor hinted that this was the direction you were headed?

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I'm not entirely sure but if Amazon sells it I think grocery stores might also, though I'd call first and check.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

can i buy neocate at the store or is this something that can only be bought online?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you seeing an endocrinologist for your thyroid or is some family doctor medicating you?

What about HIS bloodwork? Weren't they checking everything under the sun for him? To be clear, the information I posted about the prices of those formulas was in no way an endorsement of them. I'd be very hesitant to use any of them myself without a doctor's order. If your gut is telling you there is something wrong with your baby, take him to any and every doctor who will see him until they come up with something. Even if you independently start using neocate, even if it finally works for him, you still need to figure out what is WRONG.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

so basically, i at least need something for a little bit because this is what is happening:

my bloodwork for my thyroid showed my TSH was 0.01... they told me that meant i was hypothyroid still and UPPED my thyroid meds, i looked it up online because ti was confusing me... and it means i am HYPER thyroid and on too many meds. 

istill beieave he has celiac but what they just rold me to do definitely is not helping, i already took my morning dose but i am going to stop taking my thyroid until i can speak to a competant doctor. this is too much. i have 4oz f my milk right now .. im giving him a couple oz in the sns. ughhh idk what to do anymore this is too much for me. :(

Quoting mostlymaydays:

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I recommend trying alimentum you can get it at most stores
If that doesn't work neocate I know you can get it at the grocery stores here .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Oh ok. I have never used formula either and was wondering how in the world anyone could afford that.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It's the powder. I've never mixed formula in my life but I'd think you use a couple cans a week?

Quoting stepconfused182:

Wow! That's outrageous. So really, you'd probably use what, 2 cans a day at least if you're strictly formula feeding?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Ok. Just did some reading on hyperthyroidism and lactation. Hyperthyroidism causes excessive alveolar growth but impaired milk ejection reflexes (in rats).

When was your last TSH? Have they checked T3 and T4. They have check both.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/ba/feb06.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Also, I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN