Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing more often

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Brigid is 11 months old (will be 1yr on Feb.8th) Up until recently she was nursing every 3hrs during the day and then 2yrs in the evening (starting at about 5pm). She'd nurse at about 10pm and that would be the last one for the night, and she'd be down till around 7-9am. She still doesn't waked to feed during the night (knock on wood!) but now she's nursing every 2hrs all day, sometimes she only makes it an hour and a half before she's acting like she wants to nurse again.

She does eat solids 3-6 times a day (meals and snacks) and she does get liquids from a sippie cup as well. Wondering if she could be hitting a growth spurt or something like that.

I did also ask this in another group, but wanted to see what your thoughts were on this as well. Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
It could be the colossal one year growth spurt which was a big one for us. My 15 month old was sleeping through the night till then and started waking 3-4 times around then. Plus the added bonus of one year molars coming in made it worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM

growth spurt, molars and new milestones.

Are you nursing immediately before any solids?

embrigmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting Cleo07:

It could be the colossal one year growth spurt which was a big one for us. My 15 month old was sleeping through the night till then and started waking 3-4 times around then. Plus the added bonus of one year molars coming in made it worse.

Didn't even think of one year molars! She doesn't have all the other teeth yet so didn't think of the back teeth. Could be teeth as well, we're pretty sure she's cutting more teeth(maybe 4 of them).

embrigmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Milestones! (smacks slef in forehead) didn't even think of that one! She has gotten a lot quicker a scooting around on her butt (does this instead of crawl). And she is standing with help. I do nurse before solids most of the time, sometimes after. Whenever she wants to.

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Growth spurt & teeth sound likethe culprits to me but make sure you're nursing before those solids!

BabyFruit Ticker

embrigmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Quoting mamabens:

Growth spurt & teeth sound likethe culprits to me but make sure you're nursing before those solids!

Okay thanks!

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

TADA!! :) And we have a winner!! :) I bet thats soo cute to see her scooting around lol

Do try to nurse before solids. They can't get alot of nutrition from them so if shes filling up on those solids then topping off on BM she's getting less nutrition which could backfire into her nursing more to try and fill in the nutritional gap.

Quoting embrigmom:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Milestones! (smacks slef in forehead) didn't even think of that one! She has gotten a lot quicker a scooting around on her butt (does this instead of crawl). And she is standing with help. I do nurse before solids most of the time, sometimes after. Whenever she wants to.

embrigmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting melindabelcher:

TADA!! :) And we have a winner!! :) I bet thats soo cute to see her scooting around lol

Do try to nurse before solids. They can't get alot of nutrition from them so if shes filling up on those solids then topping off on BM she's getting less nutrition which could backfire into her nursing more to try and fill in the nutritional gap.

Quoting embrigmom:

Quoting melindabelcher:

It is supper cute to see her moving around, and she's so fast! We can move her away from something and quickly she's back at it! And the whole time she's scooting around she looks up at us smiling and giggling and making sure we're watching!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
It sure sounds like it is the triple threat! A growth spurt, teething, and working on milestones all at once.
I also agree about the solids. She could be getting too much and nursing more to make up for the lack of nutrition in the food. Her body won't get much from them yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gruntlings
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Yep, definitely sounds like a growth spurt. Or even teething. Or sometimes it happens when a baby is about to hit a new milestone. Or when they're about to come down with some form of sickness. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN