Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Answers would be much appreciated!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my second child and I just stopped breast feeding my son at the beginning of the month. Im just curious on if I will loose my breastmilk supply until I have my second child or if it will stay intact? Has anyone gone through this? Thank you in advance!!
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
It varies by woman and pregnancy. I'm still bfing ds1 and 29w with ds2. The changes I saw were a supply drop in the first 4 months when I could barley eat, but it came back for about a month, then changed to colostrum right at 20w. You may be able to hand express a drop through out your pregnancy or you may seem to dry up until your colostrum comes in, which may be before or after the birth. It really just varies by woman and pregnancy. But if you weaned, drying up isn't really an issue, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

BM will most likely dry up and become colostrum closer to due date

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Yep!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

BM will most likely dry up and become colostrum closer to due date

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Most women's supply will dry up so the breast can make colostrum(sp?) It's very normal. and if after you start making regular milk you want to continue to breast feed your 14 month, I wouldn't see a problem with it. 

LadyBugMom09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I just found out I am pregnant (5wks) and DS (13 mos) has been self weaning. I think it's because of a drop in my supply. I am still trying.
Gruntlings
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

If you stopped breastfeeding, chances are your milk will go away and then come back after you deliver. Even when mom continues to breastfeed throughout the entire pregnancy the milk sometimes dries up and then comes back. 

07lilmama1108
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Im 14 weeks as well, still breastfeeding my 1 yo... or trying to! I think I've mostly dried up as he's playing more or wants water right after nursing. He's getting much more agitated too but he still likes to suckle and get the small amount he can. I was hoping to go to 18 mos with him but we'll see... thats when new baby is due!
penguin2011
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Thank you all!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN