Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you buy a used breast pump??

Posted by   + Show Post

so heres the deal I had a medela and a ameda.  I leave the ameda at work and i leave the medela at home.  I only pump once a day with the medela.  I was using my sisters medela but she just had twins so I gave it back.  So therefore I am carting my ameda back and forth and its a pain!!!  I dont have the $$ to buy a new medela or ameda.   I have found an afforadable used medela on ebay that I was thinking about getting.  I know the ameda is a closed system and the medela is not.  I dont know what to do.  

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (11-12):
Gruntlings
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I'd buy a used hygiea or another closed system pump. Not an open system pump. There are issues with stuff like mold in the motors, etc. that I wouldn't want to deal with. 

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

Travelbugg
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Guess I'm living on the edge!! Bc I'd still do it. I also buy vintage clothes, use public restrooms, and keep my toothbrush within 5 feet of our toilet. #notagermaphobe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)