Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

follow up from yesterday post

Posted by   + Show Post

just to let you know that by choice (my mum helped me decide - my choice but she helped me) - cause noah is biting me I might as well stop breastfeeding. and he isnt keen on cow milk so we wont worry about that.

he be just having squash, juice and water. 

so I will leave the group as I know you will judge me but i thought you would like to  know what I'm gonna do. but thanks for the advices

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-19):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
No reason to wait. As long as there's no allergy history, and you aren't eating honey or overly salted food he can have it now.

Quoting kirbyland10:

he's not a picky eater - he eats anything i give him....

he has yoghurt after every meal and he sometime has what's on my plate as he likes what i habe! so sometime he has beans and I have given him cheese after his jar at lunch.

but he will have what we have at 1 so he will have much more then! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbyland10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I know he can it now but it was the desion we chose to wait... 

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this

You can give him everything that you have now, no need to wait until 1, especially if he's not getting the nutritional support of breastmilk or formula.  My little guys started on table food at 6 months, eating what we ate.

Quoting kirbyland10:

he has yoghurt after every meal and he sometime has what's on my plate as he likes what i habe! so sometime he has beans and I have given him cheese after his jar at lunch.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Congrats on making it so far. I would definitely offer a larger variety of foods, he will need it. Good luck. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Mine, too, though it was 7 months before she took off on solids. From 9 months or so, she was even feeding herself small bits of chicken breast and steak, with no teeth.

Quoting K8wizzo:

You can give him everything that you have now, no need to wait until 1, especially if he's not getting the nutritional support of breastmilk or formula.  My little guys started on table food at 6 months, eating what we ate.

Quoting kirbyland10:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Congrats on making it thus far. Try and wean gradually.
kirbyland10
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this

ok we will be giving him what we eat. 

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Congrats on nearly making a year! No need to leave the group, current breastfeeding isn't required.

Personally, I would try to solve the biting problem, but it's all up to you! Gradually wean so you don't risk mastitis. Keep him eating lots of protein and healthy fats! Good luck!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

No judgment here. You did great. THE ONLY BAD MOM IS THE ONE WHO BEATS HER BABY. Period.

SInce I didn't see the previous post, I don't know how often he was nursing... but I would suggest pumping for the feeds and tapering those down by one every 4 days or so. Just to avoid the discomfort of engorgement and the risk of mastitis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)